26

When Jacob found out that Peter would be joining them for dinner he was confused

Why would the Parker boy want to join them for dinner?

It took him a while but he finally got it with the glares sent from Connor at Peter from across the table and the way his daughter not so discretely held his hand under the table.

His daughter was dating Peter Parker, the boy next door.

From that moment on, Jacob was silent. He knew she's had boyfriends before but this time was different.

He practically watched Peter Parker grow up. Peter grew up with Davina. And now they were dating? Jacob didn't know how to feel about it at all.

Meanwhile, Peter and Davina sat in silence, her holding his hand in reassurance but he just looked down at the table, trying to avoid all eyes.

Hannah was hoping one of the boys would crack first but when they didn't, she knew she had to step in. For her daughter.

"So Peter. How's your aunt May?"

Peter immediately looked up at that, nodding with a smile, "Yeah, she's great ma'am. Just got a promotion in work actually."

"Really? That's great then!"

"Yeah." Peter said with a small smile, "It feels good to see her happy again."

"Yeah, when she's not worried about you."

Peter looked over at Connor now, all of them did with confusion as he shrugged.

"I've spoken to May. She's told me all about how her nephew has been coming home all beat up."

"Your point?" Davina practically growled, hating that her brother brought up his wounds from fighting battles up at the dinner table.

"Are you dealing drugs, Peter?" Connor asked suddenly, Davina gasping, Hannah looking down with her head in her hands and Jacob looking at Peter with a raised eyebrow.

"N-no sir-Connor."

"I prefer sir," Connor mumbled leaning back in his chair obviously not satisfied when the waitress came over with a smile on her face, not knowing the situation they were in.

She took their orders with a smile, Davina hoping everything would get there fast if she wanted to get through the dinner without hitting her brother.