24

By the time the funeral came around Davina could literally not believe that she was in that moment- that all of this was actually happening

She was in a black dress brought over by Liz who insisted on her wearing it, Connor getting ready himself in his own room waiting for his sister so they could go.

But she was already ready. She had been for hours.

She just couldn't move from her spot in front of the mirror.

She just stared at herself, not finding herself able to move.

She really couldn't believe this was happening.

Even when Peter appeared at her fire escape in his own funeral attire watching her, she wouldn't move.

That's when Peter decided he had to step in, opening her window and stepping into her room.

"Davina," he whispered but she still didn't move. Not one muscle.

It took a while before she finally did speak.

"My dad he uh- he always talked about walking me down the aisle. Said he'd be the happiest when he was able to do that. An-and mom she wanted me to wear her dress."

Peter sighed now, Davina turning, her eyes glossy again for what felt like the thousandth time since she found out.

"She'd let me alter it of course. She always told me the actual dress didn't matter. She just wanted me to wear a piece of her on my big day. Said she'd bawl her eyes out on that day."

Peter frowned, Davina nodded as if he spoke back to her, even if he didn't, "Yeah. We both know my mom and she doesn't cry. But she was going to at my wedding... was..."

Peter was at loss for words, Davina looking down at her floor in confusion over the whole thing.

"Now here I am wearing this black dress for her funeral and- well... who-who's supposed to walk me down the aisle Peter?"

Peter felt his heartbreak, trying to remain strong for Davina as he placed his hands on her shoulder, "I'm sure Connor would love to. But we have to-"

"Go. I know but... I just- they were supposed to be there. They were supposed to be there through it all. My graduation. My first proper job. My wedding. My first kid. Everything. And it was just taken away by some lowlife who wanted their stuff."

"Davina..." Peter tried again, this time attempting to pull her forward but she pushed him away and got out of his grip.

"No! No! This can't be happening! They're coming back! I know it! And they're going to be so mad to see we had a funeral for people who aren't even them and-"