22

Davina tried

Davina tried. She tried so hard to look past what Harry was doing for the sake of their relationship but she soon realized she couldn't.

She couldn't just turn the cheek anymore. She had to say something, for the sake of them.

So after school, she brought Harry up to her roof, thinking of it as a good location to break the news to him since she was close to home.

She decided to get straight to it, "Are you still taking that spider venom?"

Harry sighed now, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "I don't see why that matters."

"Well, it does matter- a lot actually... so are you?"

Davina already knew the answer to that despite her asking but she just hoped he'd tell her the truth, he'd finally stop lying straight to her face.

She just needed him to say it.

And so he did. He told her exactly what she expected. He was taking it and he never stopped.

Sighing, Davina shook her head, "Harry you need to stop taking it."

But he shook his head too, "I won't and you know that."

"Why can't you realize that this is bad for you?!"

"Because it isn't and the sooner you realize that, the better."

Sighing, Davina looked down, realizing then and there she wouldn't get to him.

She had to do what she had to do.

"Well if you can't stop this then I-I can't be with you."

Davina found it harder than she thought, letting go of the man she recently told she loved.

Because she did, she loved him with all her heart. And as much as she wanted to be there for him through this tough time, she also couldn't stick around watching him ruin himself.

So, she had to let him go. She just hoped that he would understand why she was doing this and let her do this without a fight.

She thought he was respecting her wishes being he was silent as he looked at her. 

She went to leave but instead, Harry grabbed her and pushed her against the wall.

"You- you can't be serious. This can't be real."

Davina struggled in his grip though, looking up at him, "I am. Harry, I can't be with you if you keep taking that thing."