20

Unfortunately, no matter how hard Harry tried to not go into his father's hidden stash of the venom, he couldn't help it

He knew he promised Davina beforehand not to take any more of it but it had become like a drug to him.

He thought he could live without it but instead, he couldn't find himself functioning without taking an injection of the thing, finding doing that was the only way to help him get through the day.

That's why he was especially nervous returning to school for the first time in weeks.

He didn't know if his girlfriend would be able to tell but he sure hoped she wouldn't. He couldn't get into another fight with someone close to him, even if he and Peter weren't exactly close anymore.

But that fight definitely sent him over the edge. If anything he felt he was right in taking the venom again.

When he didn't take it even for a few days, he had gotten so angry that on his way home, he almost hurt an innocent homeless man.

But when he finally took it again, he felt better. Much more in control, much more powerful.

So that's why he took it regularly now, not wanting to last a day without it but also not wanting to go through all he had left.

After all, he only had a handful of viles to live off before the Andersons had the chance to make more and now with Richard Parker gone, it'd only be harder.

So he had been planning ahead, making sure not to waste it all and hoping no one else got him angry the way Peter Parker did a few days prior.

Now that he was in school he thought it'd be challenging though. He didn't need other people in his business but the school decided against giving him more time off.

He had to return now or else he'd fail the year and if he wanted to run his father's business, he had to graduate high school.

So he arrived at school early that morning, hoping to go under people's radar and to not interact with anyone.

But when he saw his girlfriend standing with her best friends by her locker, Harry knew that'd be impossible.

He could walk past them in an attempt to stay away from the three but that could mean Davina noticing and going after him, asking him what was wrong which he definitely did not want.

He couldn't have that.

So instead he faked a smile and walked right up to them. The three were happy to see him and with a smile nonetheless.

As he greeted Davina with a kiss and said his hellos to Liz and Flash, everything seemed to be back to normal but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Harry played a good game though. He was very convincing to them and the others... until he wasn't.

It was like it all changed within seconds. One second he was happy and laughing with his friends, the next he was arguing with teachers.

Davina watched her boyfriend worriedly who couldn't seem to keep his comments to himself.

He had remark after remark towards his teachers, neither of them liking it but not saying much being he did just lose his father.

No one wanted to step on his toes even if that's what he definitely needed.

Instead, he kept going on like that all the through the school day, worrying everyone including the principal who made his way to him before he could leave the building.

Harry was holding hands with Davina but stopped when he saw him, rolling his eyes instantly.

"How can I help you today sir?"

"Well, I've been getting reports from your teachers today telling me of an attitude problem?"

Laughing a bit, Harry looked over at Davina who only shook her head, not liking where this was going.

"I recollect no memory of such thing." Harry spat back sarcastically, the principal fighting his own urge to roll his eyes at the young student.

"Mr. Osborn we have been lenient on your return to school. As such we expect the utmost respect from you on your return and-"

"Oh shove it, Christian. I can do what I want."

Everyone around now got quiet, watching the scene as the principal shook his head, "No you certainly can't Mr. Osborn."

"Oh yeah? Who's money do you collect to help with the shit around here? Cause I'm sure Oscorp will love to stop paying altogether."

The principal stood there now, wide-eyed, not sure what to say or how to even react for that matter.

He didn't know what to say to his student to stop this madness or what he should do for that matter but Harry knew what to do.

He left.

Davina stood there in shock, muttering her apologies for her boyfriend but the principal shook his head.

"Either talk to your boyfriend to stop this madness or I will have no choice other than to expel Mr. Osborn."

Davina only nodded, quickly jogging to catch up to Harry, holding his hand in an attempt to pull him back so she could catch up with him.

He was fuming already though. That one push over the edge he didn't want to have was inevitable now and he couldn't stop the emotions, not even with Davina there with him.

The two walked in silence away from the school and the students, Davina pulling Harry into a more secure place as she turned to face him.

"What is going on Harry?"

But he shook his head, avoiding her eyes if anything, knowing by just looking at her he'd break down.

"Harry. Talk to me. Please."

Finally looking at her, Harry frowned, "I don't want to talk."

"Please." She pleaded again though, giving his hands a squeeze in reassurance.

"I just... I'm still mourning Davina."

"But this isn't mourning. Your father wouldn't want you to ruin high school for yourself. He wouldn't want this for you."

"You don't know what he would've wanted Davina!" Harry spat back but she shook her head, already deciding not to let him shut her up.

"And you would? Harry, you were never close to him yourself but you knew one thing: he wanted you to do great in school."

"Yeah? Well, now he's thinking different. Now he-"

"How would you know that?!"

"Because I still see him- talk to him!"

Davina stopped now, falling silent as Harry took deep breaths in hopes to calm himself down especially after revealing that deep secret.

He didn't know what to say after that, instead deciding to leave without another word.

She would've followed him but she couldn't move herself. She couldn't shake that comment out of her mind.

Harry still saw his father?

*** update bc RACHEL IS THE NEXT BACHELORETTE AND I'M SO EXCITED 🙌🏼🤗 (sorry if there's any mistakes I missed. It's currently 1:52 AM and I am exhausted)

posted: February 14, 2017

edited: April 12, 2018