28

It took Peter 10 minutes to set Davina up, the restraints on her now taken off as she sat there, wondering if this was a permanent thing

The being paralyzed situation.

"We need to find what he gave you. Do you think it's anywhere around here?"

Peter knew she wouldn't respond but that's the only way he felt sane, talking to her.

As he was looking he didn't realize Harry walking in, Davina's eyes growing wide as she tried her hardest to speak.

This time because she was desperate though so she was able to utter a small, "P-Peter."

Looking up at her immediately, he noticed her looking behind him, making him turn quickly, shooting his webbing and nailing Harry to the wall.

Harry laughed as he looked at him, "Damn Peter. I thought you'd at least be smart enough to get her out of here."

"Yeah and go through with some type of trick you have up your sleeve? No thanks."

With that, he went back to searching while Harry smirked, "Wow Parker you're smarter than I thought... but that wasn't the trick."

He whispered that last part more to Davina who was watching him with wide eyes still, Peter still frantically searching for whatever he gave her.

Finally, he gave up, turning to face Harry once again, "What did you give her?!"

He shrugged as if it was no big deal, "Just something I found at Oscorp. Something about paralyzing the body from top to bottom. Don't worry. It won't last long."

Davina felt a tear fall down her cheek, Harry frowning as he looked at her, "Aw. Peter, man, go to her, she's crying."

Peter could sense the sarcasm in his voice, glaring at him, "You're an ass, Osborn."

Harry only shrugged as Peter sat with Davina, brushing her hair back, "I'm going to get out you out of here okay?"

Davina nodded frantically, making Harry smile once again.

"Eh, there we go. Movement in the head is first. But hey, Pete. I'm sorry. I don't think you'll be able to wait it out for her to gain mobility again."

"And why the hell not?!" Peter asked now glaring at Harry who's smile was annoying Peter more than anything.

"Because- well you'll see, or hear soon enough."

Confused, Peter went to retort when his phone rang, Harry's smile only brightening now that his plan was back into action.

Peter's heart dropped when he saw that it was Gwen calling.

Answering in a swift motion, he hoped he'd hear Gwen's reassuring voice but instead it was her mother's.

"Peter? Where is Gwen?! She's not in her room!"