Fourty Five

*Cici's P.O.V*

"Happy birthday!"

"My birthday's tomorrow, stupid." I said to Gabe, pushing him.

"No, I mean you got a birthday present from the universe! You got to come back!" Gabe grinned, wrapping his arm around me.

"Welcome home, hijita." Lin grinned, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"Mi hija linda de mi vida." Vanessa muttered, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so happy to have you back, honey." Jon laughed, pulling me into a one sided hug as we walked into the Richard Rodgers.

The movement passed this morning, an do was back in Manhattan with everyone I loved. Jon would be staying until the end of the month before flying to L.A. to film Looking.

"So, hija, you never got a quinceñera, right?" Vanessa asked.

"No. Her quince present was getting abandoned in New York City." Gabe said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Lucky for us, then." Lin said.

"Why do you ask?" I asked.

"No reason." Gabe, Lin, Vanessa and Jon said together. I raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever you plan, you plan." I said.

~~~

"Happy birthday." Gabe whispered, tightening his arms around me. "You're seventeen!"

"I know." I grinned. "We're the same age now! I can drive. But, I'm not going to. I hate cars. Cars are so scary, why would you-"

"CUMPLEAÑOS FELIZ, CUMPLEAÑOS FELIZ! CUMPLEAÑOS A CECI, CUMPLEAÑOS FELIZ!" People opened the door and sat on the bed, singing.

""¡Estas son las mañanitas que cantaba el Rey David a las muchachas bonitas, se lo cantaba así: "¡Despierta, mi bien, despierta, miran que amaneció!" Ya los pajarillos cantan, la luna ya se metió!" Everyone sang, still going.

"Okay-"

"Two more!" Jon said, holding up a finger.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Cici, happy birthday to you!"

Then, everyone started clapping rhythmically. I realized where this was going, the Brazilian birthday chant.

"É pique, é pique
É pique, é pique, é pique
É hora, é hora,
É hora, é hora, é hora,
Rá tim bum!
Ceci, Ceci, Ceci!"

As they chanted my name, I blew out the seventeen candles on top of the cake, aiming to do it all in one breath. Once the lights were all out, everyone clapped.

"Happy seventeenth, sweetheart." Jon said, handing me a present. I shook my head.

"I don't want presents. The best present is the fact that I'm gonna be Cecilia Miranda-Groff-"

"Groff-Miranda." Jon said.

"Miranda-Groff!" Lin protested.

"Doesn't matter. I'll keep my last name if you argue about it. It's my name." I said, opening the wrapping carefully. At the top there was a plastic I.D.

"Is this a pass for the Looking set?" I asked Jon, excited. He nodded, grinning.

"You can come visit whenever you want. I'll even buy your plane tickets. You'll love everyone so much." Jon said.

"I do love all of them and I've never even meet them." I said. "And open part number two. It's really heavy, what is this-"

"It's a Norwegian language book. I figured since you talk in Spanish with Lin and Vanessa, we could have a language to speak in, and I thought 'What is the complete end of the spectrum from Spanish?' Norwegian." Jon grinned.

"That is so random and so perfect, and such a great idea." I laughed, hugging Jon. "Thank you so much, dad."

"Here's my present." Gabe said, handing me an envelope. I raised an eyebrow. "Open it up, come on."

I opened the envelope and pulled the paper out of it. 'When are you coming to stay with us, darling?' the letter read, signed by Dessie, Sarah and Maiya. I almost screamed.

"You called them?"

"Yep. They want you to come over some time soon to stay with them. They miss you so much, and I know you miss Boston." Gabe said. I laughed and hugged him.

Dessie, Maiya and Sarah were my best friends in chorus. They were everything I loved, and I missed them, and Boston so much.

"There's also three tickets to Matilda in there, so we can go see Jack's last show. And, of course West can come too." Gabe grinned. I hugged him again.

"Your present from us is coming a little later. I mean, Jon helped too, but he wanted to give you this. Here's the beginning of it." Vanessa said, leaving the room.

"You're gonna blow." Lin laughed. I gasped when Vanessa came back in. She was holding a literal gown, fluffy and blue.

"What the hell is this?" I asked, examining it when she gave it to me.

"Guess who's gonna have a Quinceñera today?" Lin asked, presenting me a bouquet of white roses.

"On my seventeenth birthday?" I laughed, hugging the dress.

"On your seventeenth birthday." Vanessa, Lin and Jon confirmed. I let out a little screech of happiness, hugging the three of them.

"I'm having a quince!"

{A/N: I wrote this on my computer, sorry if the format is weird. Also, if any of you got a notification about chapter thirty one being updated, I just did some editing on that. Rehearsals for Carmen are going crazily, but amazing, so updates are kinda scarce. Thanks for reading, loves. xxAv}