Twenty

*Cici's P.O.V*

As soon as they finished Javi, Jon and I snuck backstage again.
"AH!" I screamed, hugging everyone as they passed us, shouting congratulations and praise.
"How was it?" Lin asked, last one down the line and pulling his microphone away from his mouth and out of his costume.
Jon started babbling, and Javi was just spitting words in Spanish, with me combining Spanish and English, not entirely sure what I was saying.
"Slow down!" Lin said, imitating Blow Us All Away. I hit his arm.
"Don't make me cry." I said.
"Why are we not making you cry? Not that I want you to cry, but." Anthony said from close to us, turning around.
"Lin is singing the scene where you die, it's very saddening."
"I think you used that word wrong.' Lin said, pausing for a moment. "Wait. Maybe you didn't. Augh, English problems, what is this language?"
I laughed and sat down on a chair, taking my shoes off. "My feet hurt!" I whined.
"Mine too!" Renée, Pippa and Jazzy chorused, imitating me as they sat down next to me.
We sat and we talked, laughing about anything, enjoying the Grammys on the TV we rolled backstage to watch.
"You still have Katlin's headset on." Lin said, poking at the headphones on my head. "Why didn't you give them back to her?"
"I did. She gave me these. I'm now officially a junior backstage director, and I'm being payed twenty dollars every day that I direct now."
"Hey, you can pay for your own crap now!" Jon said, laughing as I lightly slapped his arm.
I pulled out my phone and opened up Twitter
"Be prepared for lots of Grammy pics spam!" I typed into the post box and sent it out. I copied the same thing into Tumblr, and as the caption of a selfie I took with whoever was around me.
Someone responded to my post on Twitter.
"Does this mean you guys won??"
I laughed and responded "no, it just means a hella lota pictures."
I looked at my watch and yelped. "This is places in the wings for the announcement of the Grammy winner! Everyone to the wings! Let's go!" I called into the headset, watching as everyone got up, pulling shoes back in and fixing costumes.
All of us, cast, some crew, Lac and myself all crowded into a wing, breathing heavily, everyone's eyes shut in silent prayer.
"No surprise there, the winner is Hamilton!"
We screamed and ran on stage, all clumping around the microphone. Lin stood in front with Lac and I on his right side. We had tears of happiness running down our faces.
Lin shushed everyone while he frantically rapped his acceptance speech, thanking everyone.
Lin finished the rap with a dedication to Sebby, and that finished me as I started to sob happily. I caught Gabe's eye in the audience and he smiled brightly at me, cheering and screaming and clapping.
We made our way backstage again, taking pictures furiously. I giggled violently when Oak lifted my onto his shoulders, me showing off the Grammy like Simba in the Lion King.
Lin snapped many pictures, and there were countless official Hamilton photographers, capturing everything we felt.
Vanessa had made her way backstage, my friends and Gabe following closely, still grinning. More pictures were captured, including some of Vanessa, Lin and I all holding the Grammy with one hand each.
Gabe wrapped one arm around my waist and the other held my head, his elbow in my midback, dipping me as he kissed me, his smile moving against mine. We laughed as a camera snapped behind us.
Jazzy and Anthony took plenty of pictures together with the Grammy, and I could only think about how Lin was going to polish all the fingerprints off this.
By the time we left the theater it was really late, and my friends had gotten a ride home.
"We reserved a party room at that restaurant, and we can have minors there as long as you swear not to touch any alcohol, or we'll get in so much trouble." Lin said to Gabe and I, who nodded violently.
The restaurant had long tables filled with food, and a bar that everyone couldn't stop hitting. Pippa, Vanessa, Leslie, and Chris decided not to drink so they could drive everyone back home after they got drunk, and Gabe said he could help too.
"So, Cici's told us all a lot about you." Chris said to Gabe. Gabe smiled sheepishly.
"So has Lin, but I'm sure whatever he says is a lie." Pippa laughed, handing everyone cranberry juice. "It's the only non-alcoholic flavored thing they have." She explained.
"Talk to us! Who are you really, Gabriel Garzon?" Leslie said dramatically.
"Well, I met Ceci when we were little in Elementary School, and we had been best friends for a long time, and then in ninth grade I asked her if she would go out with me, and that was it." Gabe laughed, squeezing my hand.
"But, then I moved to New York with my dad after my parents got a divorce, and I lost contact with her until we met at school again!" Gabe said. "I sing, and I'm an artist, and I'm terrible in English in Lit, but great in Math and Science, so Ceci and I have to stick together, she'll do the English and Literature portion of our lives, and I'll follow the math and science. I'm fluent in Spanish, and I'm learning Latin, just for the heck of it."
I laughed, but was interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see a pretty drunk Lin.
"You know, you're the best adopted daughter, and I'm glad someone tried to kidnap you, because then we can have you now, and you're great." Lin slurred, then pointed to Gabe. "And I give you a hard time, because she's my baby, and if you hurt her I'll kill you, but I don't hate you!"
Vanessa laughed and got up. "Let's dance, amor!" She said to Lin, pulling him to the dance floor, where Jazzy and Anthony were sloppily ball dancing.
Around four in the morning we all were driven home. I decided to go home with Jon, and Gabe came over too, with Jon telling us that we would just sleep. I crashed before I could even put in some pajamas. It was an amazing night, and I couldn't be prouder of my family.