Ch28. New guy is a jerk and I'm his buddy

chap 28 as promised. I'm having writers block but don't worry, i working on it. just wanted to let you all know that at chap 30 im taking a break but that doesn't mean I'm stopping. the story WILL go on but I need some time and more votes. If you guys can get to 3,000 by chap 30 then i wont take an indefinite period of time off, maybe just a week.

yes, i did say 3,000, but if you do the math, that means only 100 of you have to vote for every chapter.[when i got thiry that is...]

OR

I've got 250 fans to be exact, so that would mean each fan would only have to vote for 12 chapters each but a lot of you are slacking. *evil eye*

it IS possible because on chap 11 i got like over a 100 votes so I know you're out there but you're just not pressing the vote button.

it's up to you guys, not me. I'm the writer who can persaude but can't do the mojo-ing. soz. blame your other readers.

anyways, the chapter's a filler for the next bit of juicyness that will most probably be up over the weekend depending on my procrastination.

love you all very very very much,

j0$!£xxxxxxx

***

I whipped my head at the sound of someone's voice yelling at them, but only after I realized that everyone was staring at me did I realize it had been me. It felt like someone had just unleashed a torrent of anger and it was spilling faster out of me than a holey bag of sand.

'What is UP with you two?' I glared at both Sam and Max, absolutely furious. 'Why the HELL do you guys get all testosterone-y when you're around each other and me? I'm not a piece of property you guys fight for. I'm a person, hello? Someone with feelings?!?'

Max immediately relaxed and tried to wrap his arm around my waist again but I stepped out of his reach. Sam just gave him evils and when he turned to me, his face turned to one of pleading.

'Jack, can we just talk?'

The way he said it, his voice with absolute sorrow and the will to explain struck a chord. A sour one. He sounded just like Julian.

'No, we can't Sam. It's OVER.'

There was a collective gasp from around the hall. People were watching the showdown like a bunch of rabid, gossip hungry people.

'But can't we-?'

'No, we can't.'

Max gave a small chuckle behind me as if he'd bested Sam. And that made me irritated. Yes, we were friends and yes, I did have some feelings for him but where did he get the right to act like I was still with him? Technically, I was, but... it's all so CONFUSING!!

'Shut up Max.'

'What?'

'Nevermind. Just...'

I looked at Sam who was looking like a little lost, beaten puppy.

'Can you just... go?'

He just stood there, looking at me with his familiar light blue eyes.

'When I told you that I'd wait for you forever, you do know that I wasn't kidding?'

'Max, look, right now is not really the best time for the whole declaration of love and stuff.'

His face reddened.

'That's not funny Jack.'

'I never said it was...?'

Everyone was staring at us so hard it was amazing we weren't being lit up by the intensity of their eyeballs. Sam was standing behind me now as I turned to face Max. He wasn't moving but I could see out of the corner of my eye the shock of hair that was partially blocking out the light. Max had this really weird look on his face, like he was trying to do something.