Ch21. New guy is a jerk and I'm his buddy

this is prob the worst chapter I've ever written BECAUSE I couldn't really think of anything but I didn't want to leave you all hanging at the kiss. I put an author's note in because I'm not dumbing her down, but making her tired. Remember, she's had the lunch scene with Nicole and fought with Sam, cried it out, gone therapy shopping for hours, gone to party for ages and saw him with Nicole and had a huge fight with him. And julian's shown up and it's been a nightmare. All in a day. Dayummm. So, yeah.

As of now, 1200 votes on this series. *actually dies of joy*

I just really want to thank those fans who comment and vote, so here are some mentions/shoutouts for commenting on like every chap and voting!!

EatSleepWrite

LizzieMiguire

vampirediariesholic

[hope I got your names right, I can't really type and remember things, thank godness for spell check!]

ermmhh, I'll try to get the next flashback chapter up in the next couple of days, but after that i have three science exams and I NEEED to study, so you'll have to wait. SOZ!!! but don't forget im still here! I check Wattpad daily becuz im so cool so send me messages *hint hint* about anything. [not so much recommends cuz i never had time to read them cuz I have books to catch up on and stories, but if you private message me them... ill try.

note at end because I have no idea if you guys actually read the beginning... =D

fanks again!!

j0$!3 xxxxxx

****

His lips were infinitely soft and smooth, sweetly pressing against mine. I stood statue still, not quite grasping the situation at hand. I was only thinking a million thoughts a second as I evaluated the problems at hand. Max was kissing me, in my house. I had just broken up with Sam, and didn't really want to see him again. Ever. Julian was in town and practically stalking me despite my attempts to ward him off. And, Max was kissing me. Didn't we have a conversation about this? Be friends? Not go down the whole relationship route? I just had my heart broken and saw Max's break earlier this week. Did I want to ruin our already tense friendship? To say the least, I was thinking so much that even Max noticed it and stopped kissing me.

'Shit shit shit!' He rubbed his face and tousled his hair. 'Shit shit shit!'

I stood there like an idiot, mouth agape.

'I should not have done that, I should not have done that!' Thus began the nervous pacing and muttering. 'I mean, you just broke up with Sam, and Julian's here, and I just kissed you!!'

'Uhh, Ma - ax,' I stuttered. I'd never seen an agitated Max. Odd. He took no notice of me.

'Stupid stupid stupid! What the F*CK!'

'MAX!'

'What?!'

'Chill!'

He faltered in his pacing and strode over to me.

'I am SO sorry.' He reached out as if to give me a hug but drew away as if he was disgusted with his limbs touching me. 'I can't believe I just did that with all the shit that's happening here and Julian and shit and stuff.' He was pleading with me.

I stared at his flushed face and couldn't find anything to say. He was beautiful, almost too beautiful to describe. How could I have not seen him for what he was?

Because you were recovering from Julian, said the little voice in the back of my head. You were too busy involved in healing yourself and moving on you didn't see him any more than a supportive friend.