Ch19. New guy is a jerk and I'm his buddy

i know I said 35, but then I realized half of you aren't online so... whatever... chapter 19!!

i think you're going to love it. i left another cliffhanger [im getting good at them] but i figure that you'll love it. heheheh x

enjoy the chapter!! [vote plz]

****

That darn f*cker Julian. What the hell was he doing in my room?

'Julian!' I tried to scream, but it came out more like 'Jprfftttannn.'

'Don't scream!' he said quietly. One arm was fastened around my mouth and the other was around my waist, so I was pretty much pressed against his chest. A hard chest. Well defined chest. Chest that looked amazing without a shirt. Jack! Focus! Fight him off!'

I struggled, but his grip was strong. I thrashed around, trying to break my arms free.

'Let me go!' sounded like 'Lemmegohhh!'

'Jacqueline, if you promise not to scream, I'll let you go.'

I nodded vigorously. He slowly lifted his hand off my mouth, just in case I started screaming bloody murder.

'Get your arm off me you piece of filth,' I spat. He chuckled, the laugh rumbling through his chest and through to me.

'Nice to know you haven't changed a bit.'

'Quite the contrary.'

'Sure.'

'Can you let go now?'

'Maybe?' he answered cheekily.

He let go of my arm reluctantly but didn't step away to give me personal space. 'Ever heard of personal space Julian?' I asked as I turned around and gave him a push against his chest. He didn't budge. Instead, he grabbed my wrists roughly.

'Jacqueline, you really need to hear me out.'

'What if I don't want to?' Tears began to prick in my eyes. He saw that telltale glimmer in my eyes but mistook it for pain. His grip loosened considerably but he didn't let go. His thumbs began to stroke the white vulnerable skin of my wrists.

'Jacqueline,' he started. His voice was thick with emotion.

'It's Jack now,' I said briskly. 'You would have known that by now if you had stuck around.'

'Jacqueline,' he corrected. 'To me, anyways.'

'You don't have that right anymore Julian. You gave that up the moment, when /it/ happened.' I jerked my wrists away and rubbed the weird sensation he was giving me. Sort of like nails on a chalkboard but less so.

'If you would only let me explain!'

That's what Sam had said to me. My ex-boyfriend, as of now. 'Julian, I don't have the patience for you right now. I told you that I never wanted to see you again, and I liked it when you went away. Now, can you just stay away because you just made the evening go from horrible, to downright terrible.'

'Problems with this Sam guy?' He smirked as if he had the right too.

'It's none of your business, okay?'

'Touchy touchy!' He strolled to my desk and began helping himself to my brownie.

'Get your hands off of that!' I stalked over to him and smacked his hands. 'That's mine!'

'Depression food?' He asked knowingly. Arggh! I hate how he knows everything about me! 'Is this because of me?'

'It's none of your business, again!' I propped my hands on my hips and looked pointedly at the balcony door. He licked his fingers clean of chocolate leisurely while he watched me watch him.