"Okay," I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. My long dark hair was in my face, and my mouth formed a deep frown."

"He'll he back," Diana mumbled as she combed through my hair, "The reason I didn't want you guys to be together. Is because you two where perfect for each other."

"But that doesn't make sense," I shoved my face into my hands and groaned.

"It does make sense. Think about it. I used to have the biggest crush on Cole, and he still doesn't know that to this day. But, seeing you for the first time. I knew he would fall in love with you."

"What makes you say that?" I looked up at her with curious eyes, "Wait. It doesn't matter anyways, I keep forgetting he's long gone."

"Sweetie," She placed her hands on my shoulders, "You have to promise me that someday he'll come back to you."

"What if I've moved on," I look down at my feet that where swollen, "I can't just sit here and wait for him."

She didn't respond. She just sighed and continued to look at me, "Come on, let's enjoy prom," She guided me out of the bathroom, and we walked back into the gym.

The first person I saw was Louis, looking as nice as ever. He had a boutique of red roses, that happened to be darker than blood. Placed neatly in his hands. He held them in front of me with a smile.

"You deserve these," He handed me the lovely offering, and I couldn't help but blush, "You've got through a lot, and it hurts me seeing you in this much pain."

My heart skipped a beat hearing him say those comforting words, "You're so sweet. Thank you so much," I looked down at the roses, "But I'm fine."

"Nova," He forced me to look up at him, "Will you save a dance for me?"

"Of course," I didn't hesitate, "That would be amazing Louis."

Cole obviously wasn't coming back. So why hold back from living life again? Louis was a perfect British guy, who has obviously been in love with me since I moved to Chicago.

"But give me a second to cool down, okay?" I placed my hand on his shoulder, and he tucked my hair behind my ear, "I'll be back."

"Okay."

I walked back towards the food tables again, and felt slightly happy that Louis was so generous. Or, a lot more generous than Cole.

All of a sudden Dylan ran towards me, "Nova you aren't going to believe who's here!" He breathed heavily.

"Nova Dillon?" The room became quiet and a voice was heard over the microphone. But I couldn't see anything because there where so many people in front of me.

People made a pathway, so I could see. Which was quite awkward. And everyone looked my direction. I was a little shocked and confused.

Suddenly a familiar figure stepped out from behind the curtain, wearing a dark velvet suit and a nice tie.

It was Cole.

I couldn't say anything nor breathe. I didn't know whether I should go up and kiss him, or go up and actually murder him.

"Go get him girl," Dylan whispered, and I gulped and looked back at him.

I didn't run up to him. I slowly walked on stage with a forced smile, not sure if I should deny his offer or accept it. He pulled me on stage, and held me tightly, "I told you I'd come back for you," He whispered, and I could see his tears streaming down his face as well.

I still couldn't say anything.

"I'm back," He repeated himself, and glided his fingers along my cheek, "I'm back baby." He shoved his lips into mine forcefully. But I didn't kiss him back, and I'm sure he noticed that also.

"Dance with me?" He bitted his lips, and I stared deep into his eyes, as if I was angry and confused.

"If I have to.."

The prettiest music played, and we slowly danced. Center stage. But it wasn't a big deal because no one seemed to care about us, and just danced by themselves.

I was furious, ready to slit his throat once everyone wasn't watching us.

"You opened up my eyes," He sang along to the song "Heart Like Yours."

I still wouldn't say anything to him. Or look him in the eye, "Please forgive me. I shouldn't have left you, but I promise I'll never do it again."

"Promise is a strong word Cole," I finally said, "You promised me that day at the beach that you'd never leave me. And you left me in a heart beat. Is that, okay with you?"

"I can't explain to you how sorry I am Nova. But I just needed to get away for a little bit."

Him ✓  ➢ c.sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara