Chapter 53

I laid pool side just allowing this sun to soak in my skin. It felt amazing. Lord knows I needed this more than ever. I was so pale, it made no sense. I was blessed enough to get a day to do so though. Our schedules had been jam packed. We barely had time to sleep. I wasn't complaining at all though. I asked for that and that's was I received. I was thankful more than anything.

I picked up my phone, deciding to call Jake. It had been a few days since he had came back in town and sadly he had to leave this day. It was time for him to get back to shooting out in New York City. I wasn't tripping because one, I spent time with him everyday while he was there and two, I knew I would see him again soon. They were almost wrapped up with shooting the movie which meant I would have my bestfriend back.

"Yo."Jake answered the FaceTime, clearly at the airport.

"Hey, I was just checking on you. I wanted to see if you had made it to the airport yet."I admitted.

"Yeah, I'm actually about to board my flight soon."He admitted as he stared down at me.

"Damn, it's looking nice as hell out here too. I'm gone miss this Cali weather, I can't even front."Jake said with a smile making me giggle.

"Well you'll be back to it in no time."I assured him.

"I'm going to miss your behind though."I admitted with a pout. I swear I was missing the hell out of Jake while he was gone. He was the one person I knew I could have a truly good time with. He kept me sane and in a positive space. That's probably why I was going so much shut mentally around this time, because he wasn't there. But I had to suck it up. My bestfriend had to work and go prosper in his career. He was doing his thing and I was so proud of him. I want to see him win.

"I'm gone miss you too, this time gone fly by though, watch."He said, making me nod.

"I gotta go though Dee, I love you."

"I love you too Jake, make sure you call me when you land."

"I got you."

I hung up the phone, placing it on the table beside me. I added a little more oil to my body so I could get this bomb tan before laying back down in the chair. I shut my eyes and the moment I did I could feel someone's presence near me, making me look up to see Chres.

He was coming out the house with that nonchalant face he always had. I swear, I could just feel in the air it was about to be some bullshit.

"Hey babe."I said as I fixed my bikini bottoms.

"What's up with this?"He let out holding his phone out towards me, not even bothering to speak first.

I took his phone immediately seeing the picture I posted earlier.

I mentally sighed just knowing we were about to go there. It was so rare for us to have a good day. A day that don't consist of us bickering over the dumbest, smallest shit ever. We always argued about some dumb ass shit on IG or Twitter. It's sad that social media and the internet in a whole played such a big part in our relationship. Most of our relationship problems came from this.