Chapter 35

I sighed, as I browsed through the aisles, shopping for a few things I would need at my new residence. That day was the day we would be moving in. It was early and Keisha had already had the movers come pick my things up from the house. I had to do a little shopping to get a few new things.

I honestly had mixed emotions about living in that house with others. I was a bit happy and excited because Keisha said this would help our careers and be beneficial to us. I wasn't so happy that I was about to be living with all those other people. It seemed like too much and I knew something was bound to happen.

I looked down at my ringing phone, noticing it was Shi calling. I didn't hesitate to answer it as I grabbed me a few packs of hangers.

"Hi baby cakes."I said to Shi as I made my way towards check out.

"Hi my love, where you at?"Shi questioned.

"I'm at Target, picking up a few last minute things. What about you?"

"I'm heading to this house now. Sis, I don't know how to feel about this."

"Me either."I admitted with a frown. I swear, my girls and I always felt the same on a lot of situation. I knew Shi wouldn't be a fan of living in the house with other people because she loves her space. She loves to be alone and in her own area. Sharing a house with all those people was nerve wrecking.

"I just pray to God people mind their business, don't bother me or my shit. I think I will be good then."Shi stated.

"Same here."I admitted as I started pulling my things out my cart.

"Well I'm about to check out now Shi, I'll see you at the house within the next hour."

"Alrighty."

I hung up the phone as the clerk rung up my things. Once I paid for my things, I hopped in the car and headed straight home.

"Mama!?"I called out as I made my way through the house.

"I'm in here baby!"She yelled out, making me follow her voice. I walked into her office to see her at her desk with Bronxie in her arms as she wrote in her notepad.

"Look at my two faves."I said with a grin making her giggle.

"I can't with you, I thought you had left already."Mama admitted.

"You know I'm not living without my Bronx."I said blown away that she think I would leave my baby here. If Bronxie couldn't come, I wasn't coming.

"My bad, I shouldn't even have tried it. How you feel about this move in day?"

"Eh, I don't really know. This all is just so sudden you know?"

"Yeah, I still find it crazy that they think it will be good for all of you guys to be under one roof. Especially after everything that has happened."My mama stated.

"I know right, but Keisha said that's what's best."I said.

"I hope so, what I do know is you and that boyfriend of yours better be careful. We don't need no babies popping out yet."My mama stated giving me the eye and making me frown. Just thinking about babies back then had my face tore us. Babies were the furthest thing on my mind and I wasn't trying to have none around that time.