Chapter 37

"Alright and...action!"I yelled out before looking down at the script. Jake walked up to the table, grabbing a piece of paper.

"We've been evicted!?"Jake acted out with confusion written all over his face before he looked up at me.

"I thought you were going to work something out with the bank? I thought we could win it back."

"I've been trying, it's hard getting that much together."I read the other lines, trying to fall into character. I was currently acting out the mother as Jake played the son.

"So we got to move? Where we going to live ma?"Jake questioned, as he looked at me with a mixture of confusion and anger.

"Langston."

"Why didn't you tell me ma? I can help you."

"Help me, you got $5,000. That's what they want before Christmas."I spoke as I looked Jake in his eyes.

"So, you just gone let them throw us out on the street!?"Jake questioned with a frown covering his face as he showed so much emotion. It was honestly shocking. You would think he was really going through this.

"You have no idea what I had to do to make sure I kept a roof over your head for the past 15 years."I stated pointing my finger at his face as I stepped closer to him.

"Making sure you got clothes and you fed. I did that! And I'm just letting them kick us out?"I stated as I looked at him, not believing what he said. He looked at me for a few seconds before shaking his head, tossing the paper down and walking away.

"And cut."I said with a smile, honestly blown away at the moment.

"Oh my god Jake, you did so good."I said as I hugged him tightly with the biggest smile. I was helping Jake with his lines this day. He had an audition for an upcoming holiday movie and he was going for the lead role. He did so good, he honestly blew me away. I felt like a proud mama that day.

"Thanks Dee, the way you did them lines girl, you need to think about acting."Jake stated making me giggle.

"I'm just trying to help my best friend out."I admitted, taking a seat on his bed.

"Well thank you, this means a lot. You think I got it though, Dee?"He questioned with a nervous look as he sat beside me.

"Ofcourse."I said without second thought.

"Just stay confident throughout your whole audition and you got it best friend, I promise."I told him with a smile, knowing I was right. Jake smiled as well as he looked down at the script.

"I'm excited about this, this can be a big opportunity for me."

"And it will be, you got this Jake."I assured him. Jake is honestly so good at what he do, I knew he had that in the bag.

My phone began to vibrate letting me know I had a text. I looked to see it was Keisha telling me to meet her down in the conference room for a meeting. I texted her back that I was on my way down as I stood from Jake's bed.

"I got to go to this meeting, Jake."

"Alright, thanks for the help again Dee."He said as he hugged me.