Chapter 37

Leorio and Chidzu worked all night on Kurapika, trying to seal up his wounds with perfection so he absolutely would not have to deal with the pain again. This also meant him and Leorio could not have another child, not they were planning on it but if they ever wanted one as time went by. Kurapika was asleep, the surgery was over. His stomach was completely sealed up by the two doctors, and Leorio sighed in relief. His husband got to live, and remain by his side.

"Thank you...so much..." Leorio said to Chidzu as he cried, wiping his tears.

"Take care of him, Leorio. His wounds shouldn't open up again." Chidzu said, using her teleportation to leave Whale Island.

Leorio placed his hand onto Kurapika's cheek, moving down to his face to kiss his lips as he slept. "I'm glad....you get to be with me still...Kurapika.."

Luca wasn't asleep yet, even after the hours of playing with Gon and Killua. They played with blocks, toy cars, and occasionally went outside to play. They even had a food fight after they were done, Killua helping him to throw cake since his arms were still weak. At the end, all the boys were laughing and had chocolate frosting covering their faces. Leo slept in an old bassinet that belonged to Gon when he was a baby, Mito watching over him but he didn't make a crying noise, just baby noises as he slept and kicking his small legs around.

Leorio wanted to be there and wait for Kurapika to wake up, but he had two children and it was still Luca's birthday. He kissed his lips one last time before leaving the bathroom to check on his son, raising an eyebrow and then laughing at the three covered in cake frosting. "What happened here?"

"Papa!" Luca walked over to him and giggled. "Gon! Kill! Fun!" He clapped his hands.

"Yeah, they've always been like that." Leorio smiled and picked him up, putting his son down on the counter and washing his face clean. "Thanks guys."

Gon nodded, standing up. "It was fun! Luca here is very entertaining." He smiled.

"I bet he is." Leorio patted his son's head, then kissed his cheek.

"Papi Pika?" Luca looked up at his father curiously.

Leorio didn't want to lie to his son, but he didn't want Luca knowing. "Papi Pika got sick and fell asleep."

"Poor Papi.." Luca frowned.

Leorio nodded, lifting him up. Once he heard baby noises coming from his youngest, he walked over to the bassinet and looked down at his sleeping son.

"He's been sleeping the whole time." Mito informed him.

"Alright, thanks." Leorio rubbed his small belly as he slept, then placing Luca down. "How about you play with Gon and Kill for a bit longer?"

"Okay Papa!" Luca said, waving at his father who was walking to the stairs, but then stopped. "Put the cake down! No more food fights!" Leorio said, knowing that Gon and Killua already had cake in their hands. 

"You're no fun!" The teens yelled childishly and simultaneously, putting the pieces of chocolate cake down.

Leorio walked up the stairs and into the bathroom, instantly kissing Kurapika's lips. This time the blonde kissed back, opening his eyes once the kiss was done. "Leorio..." he said with a small smile.

The doctor grabbed onto his husband's hand, interlocking their fingers. "You get to stay with me...forever..." Leorio smiled.

Kurapika interlocked his fingers with his, looking up at him. "I do..." he spoke softly, sitting up. "I want to see my boys, and celebrate the rest of Luca's birthday."