Chapter 14

It's been a few days since the two went to court. Leorio woke up early, thinking he was going to work. After getting dress he left the asleep Kurapika to go to work. Although, once he got there, he saw something surprising.

His eyes widened as he saw yellow tape around both hospitals saying do not enter. He looked over at Kenji who was already here. "Doctor Leorio, do you know what happened here?!"

Leorio slowly shook his head. "No...why are my hospitals...like this?! There is many people inside that have to be treated!"

"I'm not sure why sir..." Kenji responded.

"Damn it! Who did this?!" Leorio walked over to the tape, going to pull it off. Although, he couldn't.

Goro was a few feet behind him, pointing his gun at him. "Take that tape off and I will kill you, Doctor Leorio."

Leorio turned his head, glaring at Goro. "Stop messing with me...why are you here?! Did you put this tape around my hospitals?!"

"Of course I did. But it wasn't just because we are rivals now. I was also told to, and some of the government officials talked about it too. You and Kurapika don't have enough money in your hunter licenses at the moment. You treat people everyday, therefore the building gets more people and needs more money to stay up. If you really want your hosptals, hire some more hunters or make some more money."

"Get out of my face...or I really will kill you..." Leorio said in his dark voice. He was getting angrier, punching the ground so his arm was in it. A portal then appeared in front of Goro and an arm coming out of it. The hand was in a fist, punching him hard and making him go flying.

Kenji was surprised by the scene, not ever seeing his working companion punch someone, especially using just Nen. "L-Leorio San?! That was crazy, but cool!"

Leorio grabbed onto part of the yellow tape, looking to the side. "They are going to get rid of my hospitals...after all my hard work..this is what I get?! Damn it!"

"Don't worry sir! We won't let that happen. We just need to get some money. We love doing our job without getting paid, but now we need money for our buildings. How can we do it?"

"I'm not sure...I need to go home and discuss the matter with Kurapika...I can't look at my hospitals like this..." Leorio mumbled before getting in the car and driving back home.

Once Leorio walked inside his house, he saw Kurapika instantly in the kitchen and cooking breakfast. He closed the door behind him, a sad look written all over his face.

Kurapika turned his head to look at Leorio, surprised that he was back this early. "Leorio? Back from work already? It's early..."

"I didn't work..." Leorio said as he walked into the kitchen, sitting down in a chair at the table.

Kurapika finished cooking breakfast, putting it in a dish and sitting down in a chair across from him. He used a fork and knife to cut up his omlete, starting to eat. After he swallowed the bit he put in his mouth, he raised an eyebrow curiously. "Why didn't you work?"

"Because they are closed temportaily...they are going to destroy them unless I get some money and pay for them..." Leorio replied.

Kurapika practically dropped his silverware. "They're gonna get rid of the hospitals?! They can't! Your hospitals has been the best thing to this world!"

Leorio nodded. "Yes, I know. I guess our hunter licenses have been wiped out for now..." he frowned, looking down. "I don't have any ideas though on what we can do to make some money...Goro said hiring hunters, but I want to try out something else before it comes to that."

Kurapika finished his omlete a little bit later, taking the dish to the sink and washing it. He started to think of a way for the two to get money. "I can get a job?"

Leorio shook his head. "No, who knows how long that can take. Besides, I don't want you to get a job. I feel like what we need to do has to be easier..."

"Let's see, it's January now.." Kurapika said, still thinking. Then he got an idea. He turned off the sink and turned around to look at Leorio. "I might have an idea. "

"What is it?" Leorio asked him.

"Can we wait until September? Maybe we can participate in the auction and ask for money to help the hospitals instead of actually auctioning something off." Kurapika suggested.

"That isn't a bad idea. But what about the children, adults, and elderly already inside the hospital? What if they lose their lives during the months?"

Kurapika let out a small sigh. "I'm not sure. Maybe my Holy Chain would work to heal some of their bodies? Not from the whole disease, but just so they can survive until September gets here."

Leorio stood up from his seat. "That's actually a good thought. We just need to get inside."

Kurapika nodded. "Maybe you should stay here. You can't use Zetsu and you will get caught. I have a small chance of getting caught. Do you mind staying here?"

"Fine, but be careful Kurapika. I don't want police officers bringing you to jail." Leorio said with a sigh, kissing his lips quickly. "Try not to take too long ether. "

Kurapika smiled, returning the small kiss on the lips. "I'll try my best." The blonde said, using Zetsu to conceal his presence. He then walked his way to the hospitals, going the back way though. He first entered the children's hospital, moving quickly but quietly.

"W-who are you?" The small brown haired boy asked.

"I'm Kurapika, Leorio's lover. I'm here to heal you momentarily until we find enough money to keep these hospitals up." Kurapika responded, the chain on his thumb going onto the boy's cheek and healing him.

Kurapika repeated the same process over and over until he was done with both the Weloveallchildren and LoveForAll. The blonde then left quickly and safety back to Leorio's house, walking inside. "I'm back!"

"That was like an hour or two. Is everything alright?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika nodded. "Yes. I healed them all momentarily with my chain." He said, sitting down on the couch next to Leorio. "Now what do we do? September is long away.." he said as he rested his head on his shoulder.

Leorio nodded. "Indeed, it is. But time will hopefully go quicker than we think..." he kissed Kurapika's forehead gently.

Leorio was going to miss working at the hospitals for 8 months. But this means these next eight months he could do anything he wanted with Kurapika, and they can finally spend their time together. He was looking forward to being with his lover, but was going to miss his job. Kurapika knew Leorio was upset and wanted to comfort him even though the hospitals were being off limits, but he was happy he can spend these long eight months with him.

Their love story continues...