Chapter 26

After the surgery, Kurapika was asleep for four days, leaving Leorio with the crying Luca. Leorio stood up, his face covered with exhaustion and bags under his eyes. He hasn't gotten any sleep in four days.

Leorio paced back and forth with the crying baby boy in his arms, letting out a yawn. "It's....okay...it's...okay..." he repeated once again, trying to keep his baby boy quiet.

Nothing worked though. He just wanted to barge into the room and give Luca to Kurapika. Kurapika woke up around 12 p.m. the next day, rubbing his eyes. "Is everything done?" He asked.

"Yes. You slept for four days. You may see your family now." Chidzu responded.

Kurapika sat up and looked at the scars and stitch marks left on his stomach. "Good." He pulled his white long sleeve on, then his robe. "Thanks, Dr. Chidzu" the blonde walked towards the door.

"Kurapika, wait." Chidzu stopped him.

Kurapika turned his head to look back at the female doctor. "Yes, what is it?" He asked.

"Never mind. Go spend time with your family. They miss you dearly." Chidzu said in a low voice.

Kurapika sighed, but nodded. He then heard the sounds of his baby boy crying, wondering what was going on. The blonde walked out of the room and into the waiting room, looking over at Leorio. "What happened to you?"

"Kurapika! Thank goodness!" Leorio shouted, Luca's crying instantly stopping as he saw his other father. "I've been up for four days with Luca. He wouldn't fall asleep, all he did was cry. We missed you..." he whispered.

Kurapika took Luca from him, carrying the baby boy. "I missed you guys too. Sorry you had to worry." He replied, looking down at Luca and caressing his cheek, much like Leorio would do to him.

"It's fine..." Leorio rubbed his eyes. "I just need some sleep...I'm exhausted..."

"Alright, let's go home. You can go sleep and I can go out with Luca and buy him some clothes." Kurapika said.

"Aw, but I wanna see Luca dressed in cute clothes!" Leorio shouted, but then sighed. "But I do need the sleep...I don't want to fall asleep while driving."

"Then get some rest here. You can't drive us home then. I would drive, but your arms and hands are probably tired from holding Luca and someone needs to hold him. I'll just go now." Kurapika kissed his cheek. "You can come buy clothes with him next time, alright?"

"Fine." Leorio said, sitting down in a chair and throwing his head back, falling asleep instantly. He was too tired and lazy to go to an empty room and sleep on a bed.

Kurapika chuckled quietly, holding the baby boy wrapped in a blue blanket close to his chest. "Alright Luca, we are going to go shopping."

Luca responded by a smile and different baby noises of happiness. Kurapika walked to a clothing store for babies that wasn't too far away, instantly looking at a outfit that interested him. It was much like the one he was wearing now, but the blue in the baby robe was light blue instead of dark blue, and it always had yellow.

"You can twin with me." Kurapika chuckled, grabbing a long sleeve white undershirt and white pants, then blue flats. But he picked out other outfits, a white and blue striped bodysuit and many different footsy pajamas. He couldn't help it. He almost wiped out his Hunter License just buying baby clothing. He even bought him a sailor outfit and a tuexdo, just because when he put them on Luca they all looked adorable.

After paying for everything Kurapika just took out one of the footsy pajamas he bought, putting it on baby Luca so he didn't just have a blanket around him. "There, how cute." He smiled, holding him with one arm carefully as he held the four bags of baby clothing in his other.