Chapter 36

It was July 7th, Leo was two months old and Luca turned a year old today. Back at Whale Island, the Freecss family was celebrating Killua's birthday. Knowing the two shared a birthday, Leorio figured they go to Whale Island to celebrate both birthdays.

Leorio and Kurapika were up early, baking a cake that they can have for later when they get back from the party at Whale Island. Luca and Leo were still asleep in the bassinet, the older brother's small arm wrapped around his baby brother.

Kurapika put the finished cake on the counter,covering it "Call Gon. I'm going to go out and buy some more clothes for our boys!"

"Kurapika, I think they have enough c-" Leorio stopped, noticing his husband was no longer there. He already ran out to go to the baby shop close by. The doctor chuckled, pulling out his phone and calling Gon.

Gon answered his phone, helping Mito decorate the huge chocolate cake for Killua as he slept. "Leorio!"

"Do you mind Kurapika and I coming over? Since it's Luca's birthday too, we figured we come over and celebrate Killua's and Luca's. What do you say?"

"Sounds like fun! I can't wait for you to get here!" Gon said happily. "Mito San, add Luca on that cake too! Leopika is coming over!" He shouted, combing the married couple's name

Leorio blushed, scratching the back of his head and laughing. "Alright Gon, we'll see you in a few hours or so."

"See you soon, Leorio!" Gon said, hanging up his phone.

Leorio put his phone in his pocket, then grabbing the wrapped presents for Luca and putting them in a suitcase. He didn't want a bad scenario happening on the boat again, so he packed many things such as small peaches and a muffin for Luca to snack on and warm milk for Leo.

"Papa!" Luca called out for his father, sitting up in the bassinet.

Leorio walked inside the bedroom and smiled, picking him up and hugging him tightly. "There you are, my birthday boy!"

Luca hugged his father and giggled, not having any idea what a birthday was. "Bur,thady?" The boy tried to say.

"Birthday. " Leorio repeated. "You get presents. One year ago, you joined Kurapika and my world. You turn one today."

"Yay!" Luca clapped, not understanding it fully yet but he figured he'd be happy.

"I'm home!" Kurapika called out, walking with several bags in his hands and laughing. "I did it again..."

"Kurapika!" Leorio facepalmed, letting out a sigh. "Whatever, I couldn't stop you... $

"Papi Pika!" Luca shouted, Leorio putting him down. The boy ran to his blonde father and hugged his leg, looking at the bags. "Me?"

"Only these." Kurapika said, waving the three bags and then lifting Luca up. "Happy birthday Luca." He hugged him, then kissing his forehead.

Luca made baby noises for manners, not able to say them out fully yet. "Gon? Kill?" He said the names of their friends.

Leorio nodded. "Yes, we are going over to see them." He said, picking up Leo who was still asleep. Keeping him wrapped in his light blue blanket, he held the baby close to his chest, keeping his other hand on his suitcase. "Let's go."

Kurapika looked at the suitcase. "What's in their Leorio?" He asked.

"Mostly food and medicine. I don't want either of them to get sick." Leorio responded, watching as Kurapika put at least 5 outfits for each in there.

"Now we can go." Kurapika said with a laugh,putting Luca down and holding his hand. Leorio shook his head and sighed. "You and the clothes. They don't need 5 pairs for 1 day." He said, but laughed.