Chapter 9

Kurapika sensed more than one presence coming after him, but didn't care because he didn't think it was Leorio. There wasn't anyone in Yorknew he could really team up with to find him. He didn't even think of Gon and Killua coming over just so they can help Leorio find him.

The blonde was enraged and furious. The voice of the man got him angry, and it echoed through his head the conversation between him and Leorio. He already knew his last name, so it didn't matter if he saw him with his scarlet eyes. That being said, Kurapika took out his black contacts.

He was currently hiding in a cave alone, but walked out of it. He could feel it...the need of wanting that guy dead. The blood lust drove him crazy, his scarlet eyes shining brightly. He didn't want to kill a human, but his hate was so strong, he had to.

Kurapika was running now, but to the governmental building the man worked at. Gon noticed a change in Kurapika's direction, wondering if he knew it was the three of them or just deciding to move unexpectedly.

"Guys, wake up! Kurapika is on the move!" Gon yelled at the two so they'd wake up, jumping off the tree he was on.

Leorio instantly awakened, standing up. "Do you think he spotted us?"

Killua stood up and shook his head. "I doubt it. I think he just moved his area or someone else maybe have found him. Who knows."

The three of them continued to move during the dark night, but Kurapika was faster.
He made it to the building, running up to the office the man was at. The blonde breathed heavily, glaring evilly at the man. "You don't want me and Leorio together...you just said all that stuff!"

"You get in the way of genius work! He cares too much about you! So now that you are here, I will be killing you." He said, pulling out a knife. He wasn't planning to use his Nen because he thought Kurapika was weak, Kurta or not.

The Chains appeared on his hand and down his arm. Kurapika jumped into the air, using his Chains and trying to attack the man. He was great at dodging. Although, the blonde manged to get him. He wanted to use his Middle Finger for Chain Jail, but he would die and can only be used for the troupe.

Therefore he used Judgment Chain. He forced the blade of the chain into the man's chest, the chain wrapping around his heart. Now Kurapika could place any rule that he must follow, or the man would die. "You will allow me to be with Leorio...you have three chances to live."

"Never." He simply answered.

Kurapika came at him, kicking him in the face. He then punched him in the stomach, making the man cough blood. "I will be together with Leorio forever. A stupid amateur like you won't stop me."

"That isn't a nice way to treat your elders." The man said with a smirk, making Kurapika punch him in the stomach once again and kick him hard in the neck now.

"This is your last chance. Leorio and I will reunite. We will get together...we will be one..." This was hard for him to say, especially since the awkward memories were stuck in his head. Seeing Leorio's face in his mind made him empty. He wanted to see Leorio again. He wanted him. "Now answer me..." he said, a tear running down his face as he thought of Leorio.

"Leorio needs to remain single...he's better off without you. He needs to focus on his w-" That was it. The blade pierced his heart, blood splashing everywhere and tainting Kurapika's face and clothing. The lifeless body fell to the floor, sirens going off. The police would be here any minute. Not wanting to get caught his chains disappeared.

The blonde kicked the window open, breaking it and glass shattering. He jumped out of it and into the sky, there behind him was a scarlet moon. He had to escape quickly and find somewhere to clean the blood off of him.

Gon got a different scent through his nostrils beside the cologne smell. "Blood!" He informed the two.

"Blood?! Where from?!" Leorio asked.

"Two directions. The blood scent of most likely the killer is going left. The guy killed is to the right. But what should we follow, the blood or or the cologne?" Gon wondered.

"The cologne of course! We need to find Kurapika as soon as possible!" Leorio shouted out

"But it is a killer case here. If we catch the killer, we will probably get rewarded with cash." Killua said.

"Kurapika is more important than money!" Leorio shouted, about to continue the original route they were taking, but Gon stopped him. The teen was moved more to the left, focusing on inhaling. He found out something interesting
.
"Killua, Leorio, I figured out something with my nose. The blood person and cologne person, Kurapika is headed for the same direction simultaneously.

"That's awful, what if Kurapika gets h-" Killua cut him off.

"Don't worry. Kurapika is the one who did the killing. The blood is most likely stronger than the cologne. Therefore it would be easier to track Kurapika." Killua stated.

"Are you sure we can jump into such a conclusion?!" Leorio asked, yelling out. "He wouldn't never hurt another human"

"You told us about that guy who talked trash about you two. Maybe Kurapika killed him for it?" Gon suggested as he started to run,following after Kurapika and the other two behind him.

Leorio shrugged. "I suppose...maybe that did happen..." he frowned.

"Are you glad then? When you find Kurapika, you'll be able to be together without worrying about anything." Killua said.

"That's true...but he killed someone from the government. If he is found....he'll..." Leorio stopped running, placing a hand onto his face.

"Leorio?" Gon looked back at Leorio, raising an eyebrow. "Are you alright? Or just-"

"Just worrying about Kurapika..he..if he is found he will probably have the death penalty on him...we have to find him..now..." Leorio said, rubbing his watery eyes.

"Come on Leorio. Don't worry about that! Let's just keep moving!" Gon said. "We won't let Kurapika die!" The teen said, once ageain leading the way to Kurapika and the two beside him.

Kurapika eventually found a clean lake that he could wash the blood off him. He took off his robe, first cleaning the blood off of that and then washing his face or any other part of his body containing blood. But as he washed himself and his clothing, the cologne smell began to fade, and so did the blood.

Gon stopped running, standing and putting his hand up to tell Leorio and Killua to stop. Once again getting all the smells into his nose, the green black haired boy no longer smelt cologne or blood. "It's gone..."

"The smells are gone?! You got to be kidding me!" Leorio yelled out, getting on his knees and punching the ground. "Damn it!" He cried out.

"Leorio..I'm sorry..." Gon said, placing his hands onto his shoulders. "We'll find him, don't worry."

"We...better find him..." Leorio said in a whisper but still punched the ground.

Kurapika put his robe back on, starting to walk back to the cave he was once at. The adventure of finding Kurapika with Leorio, Gon, and Killua continues...