Chapter 28

It was 3 a.m. in the morning, Leorio and Kurapika sleeping peacefully. That all seemed to change though. Crying came from baby Luca, making Kurapika awaken and get out a bed. The blonde walked over to the bassinet, noticing the boy's skin was starting to become a yellow color.

Kurapika lifted his son up, trying to rock him to sleep. That's when his hands suddenly touched his forehead, his eyes widening. A fever. The blonde turned his body over to look at Leorio who was still asleep, trying to rock Luca to sleep still and holding his son close to his chest. "Leorio, wake up! Luca's sick!"

Leorio instantly woke up, practically throwing his pillow to the wall. The doctor stood up from the bed, walking over to the two. "Luca...." he whispered his name, examining his skin. "Yellow..." he mumbled, starting to think. He then placed his hand onto his forehead. "Fever..."

"Leorio, let's take him to your hospital! You and Chidzu can figure out what's wrong together!" Kurapika said, feeling his son's breathing become heavier.

Leorio nodded in agreement, rushing inside the care with Kurapika to the Weloveallchildren hospital. They both dashed inside, Leorio starting to shout. "Chidzu!!"

Chidzu came out of the room she was in, wanting Leorio to quiet down because of children sleeping. "Leorio, what is it?" She asked him in a whisper.

"Do you not see Luca?! We got to do an examination right away!" Leorio shouted out.

"Alright, Alright!" Chidzu said, leading them to a room. 'I knew it...my fortune was right again...' she thought to herself.

Kurapika gently put the crying Luca down in the bassinet in the room, sitting down in a chair in the corner. His eyes were flashing scarlet, trying not to cry. 'Please...be okay Luca...!' He thought to himself.

Leorio and Chidzu examined the crying baby, doing all kinds of tests that of course wouldn't hurt him. The male doctor checked Luca's temperature "100.2. A low grade fever. "

The two doctors came to the same conclusion. Hepatitis A.

"A disease that comes from food or drink, it is a contagious liver infection. Symptoms included nausea, loss of appetite, yellowing of skin and low grade fever. It is called Hepatitis A." Chidzu stated.

"Food or drink? I don't believe we gave him anything bad. We always check the date on the milk..." Kurapika started to think.

"Maybe someone had it on the boat? It's contagious, so maybe it spread through the air and passed down to little Luca." Leorio suggested.

Kurapika placed his hands over his scarlet eyes, getting an idea on what might've actually happened.."Luca was hungry while we were on the boat. A guy considerately gave us some warm milk,but what if it was bad? What if the person poisoned it? But Luca should've became sick sooner...that's why I don't understand. What if that person planned it all?! What if-"

Leorio soothingly massaged Kurapika's shoulders, humming a song as he did. "Kurapika, I am worried too. But the best way to treat hepatitis a is rest. See," he pointed over to the bassinet. "Luca is asleep now. He isn't going to have a lot of energy either. The liver takes 6 months to heal, unless a great doctor such as myself of Chidzu do something about it now. But it doesn't leave any lasting damage. "

Kurapika slowly nodded, letting in a breath and trying to calm down. "Yes, you are correct..." he walked over to the bassinet, looking down at the sleeping Luca and rubbing his belly. "I pray for you, Luca..."

Chidzu looked at Kurapika, then at Leorio. "You guys seem exhausted and worn out. Get some rest in the waiting room, I'll examine Luca some more."

Leorio didn't want to agree at first, but then nodded. Him and Kurapika sat in the waiting room, Kurapika's head on his shoulder and Leorio's gently on the blonde's head.

Got Me In Chainsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें