Prologue

Leorio was living in Yorknew City, now a doctor. He has been busy with work, only getting a few days off of work every now and then. He hasn't seen Gon, Killua, or Kurapika in months, maybe in a year or two by now. He lost track a while ago. Although, he missed one person the most out of the three. Kurapika.

The man was currently at the hospital doing his job, treating a child with his assistant of a disease, of course not charging the parents because that was his dream, treating poor children in poverty for no charge. After finishing the job and as the small child slept, Leorio was now on his break. The doctor was eating a small lunch he packed, having a few extra minutes of his break and wondering what he can do to pass time.

He then thought of the perfect thing. To call Kurapika. Although Leorio didn't think he was going to answer because he never picks up his phone because he was 'busy'. But since Kurapika didn't have his job of working for the Nostrade family, Leorio didn't think Kurapika would be too busy, unless he got a new job. The adult pulled out his phone, dialing Kurapika's number and waiting for him to answer.

Kurapika was lonesum, living back at his home province, the Lukso Province. Hearing his phone ring he actually decided to pick it up, wondering who can be calling him all the sudden. Not having Leorio marked as a contact and only seeing the unknown number, Kurapika didn't know it was Leorio calling. He didn't ever expect him calling him either. Kurapika pulled his phone out of his pocket, flipping it open and bringing it close to his ear. "Hello? Who's this?"

"Kurapika, you answered! It's me, Leorio!" The adult said, happy to hear Kurapika's voice again and glad to see he wasn't too 'busy' to pick up the phone.

"L-Leorio?!" Kurapika said in a bit of a shocking voice, surprised Leorio suddenly called. "It's been...such a long time..." he said, his voice much lower now.

"Yeah, I know. So what's up? Make it quick though, I have to go back to work soon." Leorio said, looking up at the sky now as he held his phone at his ear.

"I don't want to talk if it gets in the way of your work. But you became a doctor. I'm glad your dream came true since you became a hunter." Kurapika responded.

"It's ok, really. Tell me how you've been. I'm on break now and I still have a few minutes." Leorio informed him.

Kurapika let out a long sigh, then nodded. "I haven't been doing much. Ever since I stopped working for the Nostrade family, I haven't gotten a job. Maybe I should return to Yorknew for a job or something..." The blonde told him.

"Yeah, what a great idea! Then we can finally hang out again like old times! Just Gon and Killua won't be with us.." Leorio said with a silent sigh."But it can still be fun! We were the oldest anyway."

"I think I've changed my mind...Yorknew brings back too many memories..." Kurapika said, closing his eyes.

"Come on Kurapika, please! It's better if you come here at Yorknew. Maybe you got memories here, but living at your home province is just gonna make you depressed and wish you had your clan back. Kurapika, I'm be-"

"Leorio! That's enough...." Kurapika said, placing his hand onto his forehead. His eyes weren't turning scarlet from what he said because of the black contacts he wore. It wasn't really necessary though since no one was here.

"Kurapika, I'm sorry. But really, I-" Leorio was once again cut off, but this time by his assistant who was outside near the door.

"Doctor Leorio, you are needed inside. " The assistant informed him. He didn't mean to interrupt him while he was on the phone, but the child's parent and the child himself wants to thank Leorio.

"Give me a minute, I'm negotiating." Leorio said to his assistant. "Kurapika, I will be happy to get to see you again. Please...just take the thought into consideration." The adult said as he stood up from the bench he was sitting on.

Kurapika didn't want Leorio getting in trouble or anything at his job. Once again sighing, the blonde finally came to an agreement with Leorio's idea. "Fine...I will try to get there by tomorrow..."

Leorio smiled widely, nodding his head repeatedly. "Thanks Kurapika! I can't wait to see you again. Bye, see you soon." He hung up his phone, putting it in his pocket. He picked up his lunch container and looked at his assistant. "I apologize, I'm ready to go inside now.

The assistant nodded. "Alright, " he said, walking back inside the hospital and into the room the small boy was in, Leorio following.

The parents of the boy looked at Leorio with tears in their eyes, both speaking simultaneously. "Thank you so much for helping our child!" They said in joy.

Leorio smiled, nodded. "It's my pleasure...this has always been my dream, I'm glad I can help him...." he said, the small boy who was now awake hugging Leorio's arm.

"Dr. Leorio, you are my hero! Thank you so much for curing my illness!" The boy said politely.

Leorio patted the boy's head. "I'm glad you're all better." He smiled.

Both parents bowed at Leorio as if he was royalty, the father of the son holding 6 Jenny out of his pocket. "This is all we have! Please accept it as a token of our graditude!"

Leorio looked over at the father, waving his head and shaking his head. "No sir, keep your money. It's all you have left and I do not require a tip. I do the job to see smiles on my patients face. To see them in joy, so they can finally play again and do whatever they want. Please, keep it." He replied with an explanation, a smile on his face.

"Only if everyone was as kind as you, Dr. Leorio!" The male yelled out, now standing up straight. "We need the world to be like you. If I had lots of money, I will give you the best tip!" he said as his son jumped off the bed and walked towards his parents.

"Please, don't worry about it. I wish you luck in the future. Come back if there is ever a problem!" Leorio said, watching as the parents and child waved before leaving the hospital room and then the building itself.

"Doctor, he's right. Only if the world can be like you." The assistant said with a smile. "If you don't mind me asking though...who's Kurapika?"

"He's a close friend. Might even call him my best friend. I haven't seen him in forever and I figured I called to see how he was doing. I should see him tomorrow, so I'm gonna take the day off. If something very important or bad happens,just call me, alright?"

"Yes, Leorio-San!" The assistant called out and bowed.

"Don't be formal. Well, you can, but Leorio is just fine. Do you mind taking care of things and closing the place when visiting hours are up? I want to go home and set up for when Kurapika gets here." Leorio said.

The assistant nodded. "Alright Leorio-San! I'll see you soon!"

Leorio waved and let the hospital, getting in his car and driving home. He was eager and excited to see Kurapika tomorrow, wondering what he should have planned for the two and wondering what they can talk about tomorrow.