Chapter 24

It's been about four, almost five months since Kurapika has been pregnant. His stomach was getting bigger, but not much, probably because he was male.

Leorio received a call from Kenji's mother a few days ago, telling him to bring Kurapika to the hospital. The two were getting ready to leave.

These months have been hard for Kurapika with the cravings, mood swings, and other pains he has been feeling. But Leorio has always been exhausted from making the meals and cleaning the house because Kurapika would usually mess it up.

"Kurapika, are you ready?" Leorio asked Kurapika who was in the bathroom, standing behind the door.

Kurapika put his black contacts in, walking out of the bathroom and nodding. "Yes, I'm ready."

The couple walked out to the car, Kurapika sitting in the passenger seat and Leorio in the driver's seat. After a few minute drive, they made it to the LoveForAll, walking inside.

"There you two are." Kenji's mother said, showing them to a room. Chidzu then sat down in a chair. "Before I check the gender of the baby, I need you to tell me something."

The couple sat down on the bed, Kurapika tilting his head. "What is it?" He asked.

"How has everything been? With the child inside of you even though you are male." Chidzu said.

"I can explain all of it..." Leorio mumbled under his breath, crossing his arms over his chest.

Kurapika laughed quietly. "It's been a reck...actually. Leorio is good at explaning."

"His mood swings are too extreme. His eyes go scarlet and he makes a mess around the house and goes complete psycho. Then I'm the one who has to clean the house." Leorio said with a loud sigh. "It starts with cravings, then his mood swings. Then he falls asleep and forgets everything, so I have to remind him." Leorio explained in a bit of annoyed way.

Chidzu chuckled. "That's a lot of work. Leorio, I even feel bad for you. But you love him, and won't leave his side. If Kurapika wasn't a Kurta, you wouldn't have to deal with any of that. Anyway," she stood up from her seat. "I'm going to need your wedding ring."

"Why?" Kurapika asked.

"Because I will need it for determination of the gender. There's many ways, but this is one of the easiest. Then since it's present day with technology, I can scan the ring and get the baby picture." Chidzu explained.

"Oh, alright, sounds easy enough." Kurapika slipped his wedding ring off his finger, handing the ring to her.

Chidzu took the ring, tying it in a string. "Lay down for me please." She said, holding the string.

Leorio got off the bed, Kurapika laying down and closing his eyes. Chidzu held the string above Kurapika's stomach, watching the movement of the ring. The ring started to move around in a circle, Leorio raising an eyebrow. "What does that mean?"

Chidzu walked over to the scanner, taking the ring off the string and placing it down on the scanner. A picture then came out of her printer, picking it up. After handing the ring to Kurapika, she gave Leorio the baby picture. "The circular movement of the ring means the baby is a boy."

"A boy?" Kurapika sat up, taking his ring and sliding it onto his finger. "A boy..." he smiled, placing his hand onto the stomach bump.

Leorio looked at the baby picture and smiled, placing his hand onto the baby's cheek on the picture.

Kurapika looked over at Leorio , a smile on his face. "What do you want to name him Leorio?" He asked.

"Luca." Leorio simply answered, moving his hand onto his husband's stomach. "Do you like that name?" He asked the child.

The baby boy began to move inside Kurapika in an enjoyable way. Leorio smiled, looking at Kurapika. "He likes it..."

"Luca. I like it as well." Kurapika smiled,looking over at Chidzu. "Thank you." He stood up.

Chidzu nodded. "Your welcome. I'll be helping you with the childbirth." She said to him.

"Oh, that reminds me." Kurapika said, still looking at her curiously. "How am I going to have the child?"

"Well, might be able to give birth to the child and come out of your, well-"

"Your ass." Leorio didn't mind finishing, looking at Kurapika who's face was red and chuckling quietly.

Chidzu nodded. "Or you can have a c-section. Since you are a guy and don't have a uterus, I'm going have to cut your stomach open. It is surgery."

"I see.." Kurapika didn't know what to do, he looked over at Leorio, grabbing his hand worriedely.

"Not trying to scare you, but either way you choose it's going to hurt." Chidzu said. "Take your time. But c-sections are always planned ahead of time."

"Will I feel the pain during a c-section, or would you put my to sleep?" Kurapika asked.

"Some parts would be easier. Since no uterus, it will be easier. But woman stay up during it unless absolutely necessary. Your stomach is still small, but c-sections are usually necessary when you have a big baby." She explained.

"I see..." Kurapika said with a sigh. "Then I'll choose to get my stomach cut open." The blonde responded.

"Kurapika..." Leorio looked at him. "Are you sure? You don't want to just push him out?" He asked him.

"It's gonna be hard. Besides...I'm really tight, right?" Kurapika looked at Leorio with a bright red face, but a small smirk.

Leorio's face turned dark red, looking to the side. "K-Kurapika..." he sighed, but nodded. "Well, I guess that's true."

Chidzu giggled quietly. "Alright. Is that your final decision?"

Kurapika nodded. "Yes, I am positive." He said, standing up.

Chidzu nodded. "Alright, I'll see you in 4 months then."

Leorio stood up and nodded. "Alright, see you later." He walked out of the room with Kurapika. "Luca." Kurapika repeated their baby's name. "I love that name."

Leorio smiled. "I knew you would." He said.

The couple got in the car, Leorio driving off to their home. They walked inside the house, Leorio making lunch for the two. In 4 months Luca would finally be brought into the world, and they can live a happy life with him. The couple were excited, but they were obviously both worrying about the 'c-section'