[One-Shot] Moving

Her little brothers, Kankuro and Gaara, had their eyes pinned at their big sister. "Are you sure about this?" Asked the puppeteer.

A nod was released from the female blonde, a smile they usually don't see had carved itself on her lips.

She seems pretty okay with it, thought Gaara. Whilst his arms were crossed over his chest, he nodded at Kankuro, the latter giving Temari a piece of paper.

"..?" The wind user glanced at her brothers with a puzzled facial expression.

"Since you're going there to discuss an important matter with the current Hokage, you might as well hand this letter to him personally. Best regards for him," mentioned Gaara.

"Words will be delivered, Gaara, Kankuro."

The three nodded as their sign of agreement, also the cue for Temari to start leaving since it would take her roughly three days to get to their allied village as soon as possible. Though Gaara did not mention that the letter must be delivered immediately, Temari still hurriedly went to Konoha. Her other purpose of going to the village was making her excited deep inside, though she remained with a calm expression like the usual.

At the mouth of Konoha's gates was Izumo mentally telling her that she could get in. A pass, like that of a VIP, was given to her by Gaara before her departure so she could get in easily, but it seemed that Izumo had Temari registered in his mind.

Not to mention her rumoured relationship with the most genius shinobi of the said ally, Nara Shikamaru. The kunoichi could see a smirk largely drawn on the jounin's face, but like the usual, she ignored it.

"You're surprisingly early," said a certain pineapple-haired man.

With her usual facial expression, Temari glanced at him. "There's an important thing I need to discuss with you and a letter that I have to deliver to the Hokage."

"Discuss with me?"

A smile, which Shikamaru felt like that of a mockery, formed in Temari's lips. "You'll know soon."

I'm not liking this...

---

The blonde shinobi of Suna lowered her head in front of the Hokage, Shikamaru doing it as well, as the sign of their farewell. A hand was waved towards them, signing them that they could go now. They nodded for the last time, then went out.

Hm? There's an attached letter... Kakashi said to himself as the two locked the door.

"That was it?"

"I did say documents and not letters. Meaning, they need not to be replied, idiot," as they were walking in the hallway, Temari's teal hues moved to the side to look at Shikamaru whilst her head was facing the road. "You seem off."

"Huh? Me, off? I'm fine."

"A person like you with such I.Q. would easily be able to tell the difference between documents that needed to be delivered and letters that needed to be answered. Something up?"

She really can read through me, huh..?

"Alright, fine. I'm kind of bothered."

"By what?"

"By what you said you're going to tell me."

At the moment Shikamaru had opened up to his girlfriend, they reached a road without much people visiting and stepped her way in front of the lad to stop him from his tracks.

This threw the genius in surprise.

"I've talked to Gaara and Kankuro... I'll be moving here in Konoha."

"For what?"

"You really are worthless when it comes to things like this. Claiming you're genius when you're not," mocked Temari more. She looked up at him once again and smiled. "To live with you."

Immediately, a blush spread across Shikamaru's face--one that he couldn't contain. "Wh..?"

"You heard me."

"I mean, I should be the one to do that; you didn't had to do-"

"You don't want to?"

Taken aback, Shikamaru tried his best to respond. "It's not like that!" The black-haired male decided to calm himself down first before continuing to talk. "Are you sure about that?"

"If I wasn't, I wouldn't be with you right now."

"Well, we'd have to fix a few papers to make your transfer here legal," explained Shikamaru.

This only made Temari smile.

"Shikamaru-san?" Izumo almost blocked their way back to his home, Kotetsu was standing beside the other. "The Hokage sent you a message," a paper was handed over to the slimier lad as the two older ones vanished off from their sights.

The latter couldn't help but make his brows crook in question. What's this for? And there was only one way to find out.

"I bet you would be adding another family member in your home, Shikamaru? Don't worry, I'm not against it. I actually approve her transfer here."

When he read it, it made Shikamaru remember the Hokage's voice as if the letter was some kind of a voice message. This drew a deadpan look on his face, eyes glancing back at his future wife.

"What did he say?" Temari asked, facial expression in question.

But before the pineapple-haired male get to spoil everything to the female blonde, his eyes remained pinned on her. "Don't tell me you already had worked on the papers..?"

He was only answered with a grin.

Shikamaru knew what that grin was for. And upon knowing her response made the lad throw his arms around her and hug her tight.

"Shikamaru..?"

He didn't reply through words but actions. The genius let go of the lass and tilted her chin up to meet his eyes. It has been a long time, and opportunities such as being with the person he loves was something he shouldn't let pass.

Temari readied herself while Shikamaru began making a move. The lad closed his eyes so he could passionately plant a kiss on her lips until he heard a distinct calling from afar. Thinking it was the Suna shinobi mumbling his name, he proceeded on.

"...kamaru!"

The shadow user stopped, his attention was on the distinct sound.

"Hey, Shikamaru! Your mother is looking for you!"

The voice sounded familiar. Shikamaru turned to his blonde male friend as if nothing happened. "We are actually on our way there, Naruto." Geez. Naruto really likes ruining rare moments... Mentally, Shikamaru scratched the back of his head.

Naruto vanished off from their sights, leaving them standing in there. Without removing their eyes from the last place where Naruto was, Temari began speaking.

"I wouldn't mind waiting."

Knowing what the female meant made Shikamaru blush again. He looked away, scratching the back of his head whilst he entwined his hand with hers. The two of them continued going to the Nara residence with such gesture.

As they got to the doorstep, Yoshino was there as if she was waiting for their arrival. And apparently, she was.

"Welcome to the family, Temari!"