Chapter 14: Casually

Humming was the first thing Shiho did to herself. Followed was tying her pale blonde hair up in a pony as she tried to smile and look gorgeous in front of the mirror with the same height as hers. Today will be the day.

"What's with the look, Shiho?"

"I need to run errands, sir," she said.

Her boss wondered in question. She didn't have to look beautiful if she's just going to run errands. If it's just 'errands', why would she bother fixing herself?

The smart female ran towards the window, both of her hands were placed against it. Her hues grew in excitement when she saw the dark-haired smartass guy walking on the road of Konohagakure, his hair tied upwards like the usual, his hands were inside his pockets. Man, seeing how attractive his figure was made Shiho's feelings for him grew stronger. But there was one thing wrong.

Temari was with him.

"Temari...-san..?" She said, but inaudible enough for her boss to hear. They look pretty serious... Are they discussing something I shouldn't overhear? If that's the case, they shouldn't be talking about it in public. Anyway, a plan is a plan. I will proceed. I overhear it or not, it will not be my fault.

She rushed down the hallway, opening the door in an instant like almost kicking it off. As she made her first step outside, Shiho once again fixed herself, hoping that she's attractive enough to make Shikamaru fall for her. "Shikamaru-san!" The teen called, enough for the male and his friend look at her in a jiff. Shiho stopped in her tracks, maintaining a distance between her, Shikamaru and Temari when she went closer to them.

I forgot to remove my laboratory gown!

Temari landed her vert hues on the other female, then passing it onto Shikamaru. "I'm off. I'll be checking around Konoha to see if there are intruders around or of some sort, Shikamaru, then we'll meet outside the Hokage's headquarters," she said, turning away from the two without hearing the male's reply. But of course, he replied her with a "Yeah."

Hokage's headquarters? I wonder what's going on...

Shiho watched Temari as she walked away, but her news for Shikamaru couldn't wait any longer. "Shikamaru-san," she called, the male immediately diverting his attention onto her. "I'd say things straight to the point, so... I'm...begging you to listen to me," she took a short breath and then glanced back at Shikamaru with such a determined facial expression. "Shikamaru-san! I've been liking you ever since you've went here and asked us to decode a code from Jiraiya-san. That smile you gave me when you said you would come back...it struck me straight in my heart!"

"Wha--?!" The male was taken aback; he didn't expect this, but it didn't mean that he doesn't know what it meant. "Seriously? Why me?" I mean... I am the known 'least romantic guy' in the village. Why would Shiho..?

Since Temari wasn't that far yet, she was able to hear what Shiho told him. But...didn't pay attention to it. She swung her giant folding fan behind her and made her way around Konoha. The next replies made by the two weren't inside Temari's hearing range anymore.

"Yeah, thanks, but sorry."

Shiho looked down, a forced smile on her lips. "...I understand."

Shikamaru placed his hands inside his pockets again and turned fully to Shiho. He sighed. "There's someone I like. She's pretty much smart too, and she's troublesome. But, I don't understand love, you know. I claimed that the types like you would be the ones pretty much I'm going to marry, but it ends up that I want that troublesome woman to be a part of my family register, make two kids, and all those future thoughts."