Chapter 4: Naruto's Doubts

It has been days since Shikamaru kept thinking about the female, and probably, today would be the same thing. The two went out from the hot spring together. Unfortunately, Naruto was about to pass by when they did. And, of course, he saw them.

Aggressively pointing towards the two rather comically, Naruto's hues formed into a big white circle. "Aaaah, you two!" He called, definitely surprised of what he saw.

Shikamaru and Temari stopped from their tracks and glanced at the blonde male with a rather surprised facial expression. "What is it now, Naruto?" Asked Shikamaru.

He stomped his right foot once. "Don't you what is it now me, Shikamaru! You two went out from the same room! Why was she with you in there?! What do you think would I picture in mind?!" Asked Naruto rather simultaneously.

"Please, with him?" Asked Temari, looking at the lively shinobi with a bit of disbelief in her vert orbs.

The smartass sighed. "What a drag. It was an accident-"

"Accident, my ass! What relationship do you have with Shikamaru?!" Asked the male, glancing at Temari after.

"Spill it out," agreed Rock Lee, who appeared out of nowhere.

Chouji nodded as he ate his favourite junk food; he also appeared out of nowhere.

With a large smirk on his face, Naruto turned to Rock Lee. "I knew you'd feel the same way, bushy-brows!"

Temari sighed, facial expression was still. "He escorted me here, and decided to take a dip. I let him went first because I felt something was wrong, and as my escort, he had to check it for my safety. The sign before he entered was left for women, right for men. I turned away to think of what was wrong. But when I turned back, the sign said left for men, right for women. So, simply put, both of us got in the same room."

"How can you guys act so casual after that incident? When I met Tsunade-baachan inside without me knowing that she was there, I couldn't face her at all! And Shizune-neechan, and Kurenai-sensei, and Anko-sensei-"

"Seriously, luck just isn't on your side," said Chouji rather comically.

"Stop jumping into conclusions, Naruto," continued Temari, ignoring the male's follow-up statements.

"What!" Replied Naruto. "Shikamaru told me that too!"

"Same here," reacted Chouji.

"Here too," replied Rock Lee.

"Anyway," began Shikamaru, his facial expression hadn't changed at all, even if it was all about the person he admires the most, but denies it anyway. "She needs to go back to Suna soon; she shouldn't get her village unattended too long. Gaara might need her now. We'll go ahead."

Both proceeded to make their paths towards the opened gate of Konoha.

'We'? Shouldn't Temari be the only person who should go ahead, without him? Naruto's thumb was on his chin as he thought deeply of his suspicions about the two. After a few seconds, a grin ran across his lips. "Lee!" Called the male, which he got a nod as the other's response.

Confused, Chouji asked Naruto. "Naruto, where are you going? What are you gonna do?"

"Huh?" It took him a few moments before he managed to make a reply. "We're just going to stalk them."

"Why does it bother you so much? I mean, if they have something going on between them, why don't you just let them be?" He asked, actually making sense. "Isn't a relationship only about two people in love with each other? We don't matter at all," Chouji is Shikamaru's closest friend, therefore, his argument contained something else. Yet, for now, the only thing Ino and him know was it is one-sided.