Chapter 16: Unofficially Official

The wind has been blowing non-stop ever since the two had arrived here. Leaves, which had fallen from their respective trees, were rolling on the cemented ground of the said village as the wind swept them away. Temari's kimono was being tugged by the said release, so as Shikamaru's tied up ponytail. Both had their hands together, as if praying.

"Yosh," began Shikamaru. "Yotto," he said after as he stood up.

"That really puts an end to it?" Asked Temari. Though her face says like she wasn't concerned in any bit, she actually was...for Shikamaru.

Since he's fond of her, he was able to tell. "Don't look at me like I'm gonna cry again," he fired. "Dad's definitely in a happy place right now," the male let out a sigh. "Besides, mom gave him a loud, strong punch before he left the Earth. Geez," Mom is really scary. Unconsciously, he darted his hues towards the sand blonde female. Like her.

Temari chuckled. "I didn't say anything," she explained. "I just couldn't believe Shikaku-san will still ask for a favour like that to Kurenai-san," continued the lass, putting a respective address before their names. "Even if after his death."

"It's troublesome but it already happened. We were aware that all of us were under Kurenai-sensei's genjutsu, but we played along. I wanted to see him too, I wanted to spend time with my father for the last time, I wanted to see my mom let out her usual, happy smile again. I wanted to..."

Temari couldn't do anything but offer her arms for him. She wrapped it around him, pulling him deeper. The female wanted the other to feel the warmth, she wanted him to feel that he wasn't alone, in any way.

"!!" Though surprised, Shikamaru just let it be. No one else had done this to him, except to his mom and dad, since he would claim things like this a 'drag'. His arms moved on his own, wrapping them around the female's rather perfect figure. It was obvious Shikamaru was crying, judging from the small sniffs he was doing, but she couldn't blame him--he had no time to cry at that moment he lost his father. Besides, crying in the middle of a battle field was unforgivable. Showing a little weakness in the field wasn't really tolerated, knowing he's a shinobi.

The kunoichi felt him hug her back, but she didn't say anything. Even if Shikamaru is a man, he still needed to let things out. The rule of 'a man shouldn't cry' doesn't always need to be applied.

That's why, in this mission the Hokage had given us... "I won't let you die."

"Like I'm planning to give myself an easy death, Shikamaru."

The male teen pulled off from hugging the other, only to realise that she was grinning. Man, this smile keeps getting me. What a drag. After a few seconds, he regained his usual composure. Now turning to his dad, he spoke. "Dad, take a good look of this woman over here. She'll be a part of my future. And our clan."

Hearing that made the other blink in surprise, but blushes were still not seen. Fixing those words together gave her a hint: Shikamaru is planning to marry her--make her a Nara. "You mean..?" She trailed off as soon as she saw the male's serious, yet convincing stares toward her. On the other hand, Temari turned to Shikaku's grave. "I'd just want to see if he's gonna cry again," she chuckled. "And once he did, I'll tell you."

"That again?" Replied the shadow user, scratching the back of his head. "You keep bringing up the past."

Only a smile was released by the female.

---

"Kurenai-sensei?" A familiar voice of the most genius in the village had echoed around the place. Three consecutive knocks were delivered on the door, hoping she'll open it up soon.