Chapter 30: Finale

"It's time to throw the bouquet, Temari," said Gaara after tugging the corner of her wedding dress to get her attention. It seemed that the red-haired male was having a hard time getting her sister's attention since there were too many visitors around.

The plan was supposedly make this wedding as private as they could. However, Ino overheard the news and it excited her--excited to the point that she said it out loud all so suddenly. It gathered attention, leading to this crowded wedding celebration. "Throw the bouquet, Temari!" One of the people of Konoha shouted, which the others agreed to.

Gaara moved his eyes towards his sister as if saying that person was right. Temari, on the other hand, nodded and began holding the bouquet properly. She turned away from their visitors and threw the flower behind her. A simultaneous 'ooooh' from the people echoed in the place. This had gotten the sandy blonde's attention, causing her to turn to them as soon as she could.

"Who got the flowers?" She mumbled to herself; teal hues searching for the person.

Haruno Sakura.

"Congratulations, Sakura!" Greeted the female blonde.

Sakura was left speechless. She didn't know how to react. "But, I-"

"Oh, just accept it, Sakura," said Ino who was standing beside her. "I wouldn't complain if that was me who caught that bouquet."

"Yeah. The thing is, it wasn't you," fired Sakura back. Her left eyebrow was raising; she knew she nailed it, she knew Ino would feel aggravated at her once again. Unfortunately, she was right.

"Ugh, forehead!"

"Pig!"

"Hey, if you two would cat fight over that bouquet, it would be appreciated if you guys step out from this wedding and don't wreck it, please. This happens once in my life, and it will only happen once. So get your businesses outta here," said Shikamaru. The way he spoke to the two girls was somehow in a pissed off tone; he just didn't want this to be ruined, not his wedding.

"Get Sakura out here, Shikamaru. She doesn't want that bouquet."

"I didn't say I don't like it! Stop jumping into conclusions, you pig! I was just surprised this-"

"Whatever. Excuses."

"Ino, Sakura," called Shikamaru again. "Stop."

Both of them shushed. Upon meeting each other's eyes, the two humphed away whilst their arms crossed over their chests. Though most people could see that they dislike each other--due to their similar liking for Sasuke--they still rely on both's capability at times.

Suddenly, someone from Konoha--again--shouted: "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

That provoking resulted to both Temari and Shikamaru exchanging glances. The stares they passed onto each other didn't say they dislike it nor like it. Still using their eyes for communication, the pineapple-haired male asked her if it would be okay. All Temari replied was a soft, gentle smile. It was the moment he knew it was okay to do it. Or even further than a kiss.

"I'll tell you something honest. Don't laugh."

"What is it, Shikamaru?"

"If you keep making that face, I might not be able to hold back."

Shortly, Temari chuckled. "You're smart; you know we can't leave our guests hanging."

"I know, but-"

"That could wait, couldn't it?" Then, a grin was flashed towards the lad.

"Yeah, I guess. It's where we're going, anyway....after this wedding," said Shikamaru. He leaned closer to his wife and pecked her on her right cheek.