Chapter 25: Taking Down

The wind had blown rather smoothly, touching everyone's skins gently. It tugged Shikamaru's pineapple-haired style, also Temari's four pig-tailed hair to the direction it was going. Both parties were walking silently, a smile drawn on their lips. Just walking and being together were enough for them; the mere presence of each other was enough for them to say that they love each other. All they wanted were the attention and time. Doing romantic things for each other is optional.

"We're going to visit your father after this, right?" Temari broke the silence.

Shikamaru didn't answer, not even with a nod. His gazes remained in front, as if he wasn't listening. However, Temari had known him and could tell if he was listening or not. "I wonder what my parents' reactions would be once we've told them about us," a chuckle escaped the blonde's lips which definitely caught the lad's attention.

The shadow user moved his eyes to the brim of it, only to see a smiling Temari. A smile he feared he wouldn't be able to see again right after the stabbing incident happened. A smile he had been longing to see since. That smile... In return, and also because of how 'cute' Temari looked at that moment, Shikamaru smiled. "Yeah."

The atmosphere had turned silent again.

Right behind the bushes were Kankuro and Gaara, 'spying' their big sister. "I don't think it is necessary to do this," said Gaara. "If she likes big brother, why do you keep getting in their way? Why don't you just let them be?"

Kankuro clicked his tongue then scratched the back of his head. "Well... I just don't trust that guy, Gaara. Just imagine Temari being his wife; that lazy ass boy who does nothin' but sleep. He'll just give our sister more work than she already has!"

A few seconds took the red-haired male before he decided to speak again. "Kankuro, Shikamaru is responsible when he is given a responsibility. Have you forgotten what he did in the missions he was appointed to? He handled it very well. I suppose he would not make Temari work because he's smart enough to tell what his job is once he gets married."

The puppet master felt like Gaara was trying to put out something; the unusual way of his little brother talking that long, not to mention that he always makes sense, was something he thought he should consider. If Gaara agrees, why shouldn't I? He asked himself. Whilst thinking deeply, Kankuro felt like sands were crawling up to him. He removed its particles off from his face, continuing to think. However, as he checked behind him, half of his body was already covered in sand. "?!"

Gaara was ready to do his Sand Coffin technique.

"Gaara! We didn't need to go this far, right??" Asked the older male nervously.

The lad just looked at him, as if waiting for him to say something; the sands continuing to cover Kankuro's entire body.

"Well, uhh," he panicked. "I wanted that lazy ass to be Temari's husband! Forever!" Sweating, he stated.

The sands stopped. Gaara closed his eyes, then sighed. "I thought you dislike the two together?"

"Eh, y-yeah. But, uh, I changed my mind. I just thought out that they are actually perfect!" Continued the latter, scared to die.

"I see. It's a good thing we agreed on this matter," he turned away. "Let's go; we still have meetings to attend to."

Without saying anything, or even hesitating, Kankuro followed his little brother's tracks. Since he really wasn't in favour of dying right now, he just obeyed whatever Gaara said. From there, Kankuro left Shikamaru and Temari in their own world, having their time together. I guess I have to accept that guy, or else Gaara would kick me out of the household. When I say 'kick', I mean 'kill'.

"Mother, father," started Temari, eyes on their tomb. Shikamaru was just standing beside the lass, hands in his pockets, and listening to whatever the blonde was going to say. "You probably haven't heard about Shikamaru, but only the Nara Family itself. This guy is a part of that family. And... Will be ours, too," she glanced at Shikamaru, then flashed a smile.

The same smile that had caught his attention back when they were searching for Sasuke.
The same smile that Shikamaru couldn't forget.
The same smile that kept flashing in his mind whenever someone mentions her name.
That one smile he just...loves.

Shikamaru slowly moved his hand towards Temari's, entwining it with her next. Eyes returned looking at the tombs; his grip on Temari's hands had softly tightened. "I love your daughter. I love Temari," then, he glanced at the female, a smile he did back then was made by Shikamaru. "I love you."

The female, however, grinned slightly. "You sound so corny, Shikamaru. It doesn't fit you."

"Isn't the one where your partner introduces you to her parents more corny?"

"The one actually telling you his true feelings after more than three years is the most corny."

"The one who actually acts soft around the most unromantic guy in Konoha is the corny of all."

"The one who cries in front of a woman is the corny of all the most corny."

Shikamaru was taken aback. "Wh- How did that-- Why do you keep-"

"I didn't bring up the past; you did it first."

"I did?"

"You did."

"Well, yeah. Fine. I lost," admitted the lad. He heard Temari chuckle, which he found really cute. Shikamaru stepped a little closer to the wind user, held her chin up and stared right into her teal hues. Normally, he wouldn't bother doing this like this. But since he's with Temari, he was ready to overcome whatever he dislikes doing. The noir-haired man slowly moved his face closer to hers, readying to plant a kiss on her lips.

Temari closed her eyes, accepting Shikamaru fully.

"What a sight. In front of your parents' tomb, you bitch?" An annoying smirk was on her lips.

The kiss was put into a halt.

The female looked at the direction where the familiar voice came from. As expected, these two would appear.

Shikamaru sighed in annoyance. "You again? When will you stop coming back and finally settle for good? You're annoying." And I can't believe they ruined this special moment. As in right now. I'm annoyed.

"Ah? Is she the Temari you were talking about, Tayuya?"

"Right now, our aim is that woman. We have to take her down."

"Just so you want to know," began Temari. "We can hear you."

"Shut up, stupid freak!"

Temari's brow raised a bit, amused of her response. "Oh~?" She replied. "Make me, then," brows now furrowed, a smirk on her lips. That smirk told Tayuya that she could get her down earlier than she did before, and probably...more painful.

"Come," provoked the blonde female.