Chapter 13: Gaara's Revenge

That was a dream, huh..?

A sigh was let out from the lad after he sat up from his bed. Too good to be a dream. Geez, I thought I finally confessed my feelings.. Shikamaru headed straight to the window to see if the sun had already risen. He felt the cold breeze touch his skin, which made him close his eyes at the moment and savour the said feeling.

As soon as he opened his rather small hues, the image of Suna had welcomed him. Wait! I was really in Suna?! The male looked back to see how his room would look like. Unfortunately, it was just as he thought. A small picture frame was on top of a wooden table resting at the side of the bed he slept on.

In the picture was Temari, Gaara and Kankuro smiling together.

Just seeing this made him feel happy. Witnessing this picture had put Shikamaru in thinking: who would have thought that serious things such as losing their parents by Gaara's hands would still be able to be fixed? Man, they're one hell of siblings. He stated, amazed that not only they are strong by power, they are also strong by bond.

A cooking sound emitted from below, Shikamaru thinking that someone was indeed in there. Arguing with himself if he should proceed or not, he still did. Besides, nothing will happen if he just stayed here. What a drag... Shikamaru ruffled his hair powerlessly before drawing his steps down the staircase.

"Good morning, Shikamaru," greeted Temari, casually. She was currently holding a frying fan on her right hand, the other was holding a ladle. The female flipped the cooked egg upside down, finishing it up. "Eat up," she added.

"T-Temari?! Why am I..."

"You've been sleeping for three days straight now. I don't know what happened to you so I just let you sleep. Besides, you're probably too hungry right now so I cooked-"

"...Egg?"

Temari nodded. "I recon you dislike boiled eggs so I was hoping a cooked egg won't hurt. Besides, come on, Shikamaru," she continued. "You're a teenager now, fight your fear."

He felt a drop of sweat was drawn on his temple, plus blue blushes on his face. Shikamaru didn't really want to eat eggs--particularly boiled ones--but he couldn't refuse Temari's offer and her effort of making this just so he wouldn't get hungry this morning...that's why he was sort of hesitating.

Even so, the lad made his way to the vacant seat resting in front of the table. "Uh, can I not eat-"

Temari slammed her hand before Shikamaru could even finish his words. "Eat! Up!" Brows were furrowed towards him. Fight your fear, Shikamaru. "What if boiled eggs are the only food left in this world? How could you survive?"

"...Water-"

"I said, only. boiled. eggs."

"...Alright, alright. I'll eat up," I think...

Temari's rough facial expression was exchanged with a gentle smile. "Good. I'm sure you won't regret it!"

A gulp was released by the latter before proceeding. He held his spoon soon, cut a piece of the fried egg, scooped it over the spoon, and placed it right in front of his lips. But after a few seconds, he placed the spoon back on the plate. I knew it, I can't do this. The male glanced towards the female who was waiting for him to eat the food she cooked for him. I guess I can try again. Shikamaru did the same demeanour, now having to actually shove it inside his mouth. His eyes were clamped tight, scared that the egg would somehow eat him up instead of the other way around.

You can do this, Shikamaru. Don't give up just yet.

"...It actually tastes good."