Chapter 20: Gaara's Solution

"Stop right there," commanded Shikamaru, Temari standing behind him.

Shiho, indeed, stopped running. Slowly, she turned towards where the two were standing. "If it isn't Daimaru's first and last love," she stated, her words were full of herself.

With a smirk on his lips, the genius then replied. "Definitely, Temari will be his last."

Both the blonde and the cryptographer jolted in surprise. They waited for the next words Shikamaru was about to say. Besides, he looked like he was still going to tell them something else, anyway.

"Because I will end Temari's feelings for him."

"But, I've never-," her words were thrown out, as Shikamaru continued speaking.

"I'm going to marry her. Tell him that," he said, his smirk had never faded. Temari was about to stop him from telling such lies, but she had seen in his eyes that he was doing those to get her off-guard, which lead to Temari agreeing. Though... That would be a great thing to have. Unfortunately, it was all a part of the plan.

Annoyed, Shiho glared at him after removing her glasses. "Of course, I will. Because you won't be able to last long to even deliver that statement to him," furrowing her brows more, she proceeded. "Because I'm gonna end your lives together. Here!"

A reanimation..? Again? But he didn't give an expression of worry at all. He expected this coming.

Even so, the two targeted to die kept on guard.

"Ground Element: Watered Spikes!" She casted that technique after three hand signs, then hit her palm on the ground. From the ground were big spikes executed as if they were being pulled up from below, then began throwing themselves towards the targets. "Avoid this then!"

The two separated ways, for they never desired pulling each other down. However, they contacted each other by stares, gestures, facial expressions and mouthed words. Why is she using a ground element technique? She's just a normal cryptographer. Who could be the person behind this? I think I have an idea.

"Temari!" Shikamaru moved his lips forward, saying the blonde had to go behind the ground element, execute a strong wind from her fan. With the command, the female nodded and did so. She swung her fan from side to another side, wind was released from it. Shiho smirked, jumped backwards to avoid the technique.

However...

"Shadow Manipulation Technique!"

---

"How is the find going?"

"Well, Kazekage-sama," replied one of the Suna ninja as immediate as possible. He bowed before the Lord of the Country of the Wind and excused himself.

As of this moment, every ninja of the Sand were doing their respective jobs to track down the brain of all these reanimations possessing non-ninja villagers and conducting an unnecessary fight inside the village itself. Gaara couldn't waste more time, giving up wasn't advisable, now that he's already near to find the culprit behind the issue of his sister being stabbed by a kunai.

"Kazekage-sama," called another jounin, his head down before the Lord. "I have gathered another news of the enemy's whereabouts."

Gaara didn't reply. He was patiently waiting for the other's next statements.

"He is spotted near to where the princess and her friend, who most certainly goes by the name Nara Shikamaru, are fighting against this person who's called 'Shiho'."

"I see," cheaply replied Gaara.

"Orders, Kazekage-sama?" Asked the jounin, awaiting to whatever the red-haired male was about to say.