Chapter 11: Uneasiness

"...Death," quoted one of the villagers of Suna, his eyes were pointing directly at the blonde female who was just passing by. Those stares said things as if  he was sure he could make Temari witness death. The certain word felt as if her world had fallen and torn apart--she remembered that one thing when Shikamaru said Kin Tsuchi had killed him in his dreams.

Shikamaru?

Shikamaru!

Temari didn't pay attention to the man standing on the side of the village, since he vanished off from her sight after she ran to search for the person she likes...probably, loves. The man appeared like he didn't had plans on destroying the village, which assured Temari that the village would be safe.

Right now, she has to save the only person she cares about.

---

"Shikamaru Nara, right?" Asked a voice of the man, eyes were still at him.

He didn't confirm his name, but he made his reply. "I've been waiting for you to reveal yourself, actually," assured the latter, eyes were determined to make this man shut his mouth up once and for all.

"Do you like Temari?"

Hands in his pockets, he responded, "Yeah. What's my feelings got to do with you?" Shikamaru replied rather harshly. If he could say this issue to Temari this easily, his hardships would stop in no time.

"I was just planning to make you numb. And make her mine!"

Shikamaru readied himself for the upcoming attack, he was already armed with a kunai. However, just so he wouldn't harm the village, he went out to the forest leading to Konoha. He lured the enemy out, in case it uses bombs and other destructible things in the village. Shikamaru had thought of this ahead before the enemy decided to appear.

What's with this person, making Temari his? He thought to himself, slightly feeling the rush of jealousy run inside him.

"Yosh, now I can move freely," he stated, which had taken the enemy aback.

The other grinned. "As expected from Shikamaru of Konoha's Nara Clan," the cloak which was covering the whole body of Shikamaru's opponent was now removed, showing detonators attached on it. They looked like they couldn't be removed, at all.

This somehow disgusted Shikamaru. Why would he detonate himself..? If he loves Temari this much, he wouldn't kill himself. Well, I got no strong techniques like the other shinobi I know, so I can see he can defeat me clearly. But I would put some fight too, like I'm gonna let that happen. He sighed. Just as when I was about to confess my feelings for her for the sixth time, this man would come and ruin my plan. Geez.

"You are probably wondering why I got detonators on my body," he stated. He noticed Shikamaru's eyes never removed itself off from those things since it was revealed. "This is my way of expressing my love for the person you love. I am ready to kill myself for her, but of course, you'd go first."

Is he insane? He'd do something like that for his love? If real love is like this, I'd rather not fall in love.

"Go ahead," he provoked. Shit! I shouldn't have provoked him! He might explode in here with me! Maaan, why didn't I think of that before I said those? What the hell.

A smirk ran across the older ones lips. "Oh~?" He began lighting up a stick of match. "Are you sure you want to die with me?"

"I'm not that insane yet. At least, compared to you," he bantered. Shikamaru knew it wasn't the right time to be saying such, but he couldn't think of anything else to say. It's too dark. I at least need a small light to extend my shadow through these trees so my Shadow Manipulation will be a success. The smartass glanced around, hoping to spot some light he could use.

At the left of the enemy was a small, round light being emitted from the space between two leaves. It's my chance!

"Kagemane no jutsu!" He executed, his shadow running after the other.

Another insulting smile was released by his opponent, as he disappeared from his sight.

What th-?!

"Behind you, kiddo," said he older male, smirking this time. He pointed his kunai behind Shikamaru, ready to slash his organs anytime. His smirk turned into a large, cheshire grin as he, for years, had been wanting to see blood flowing like a river in a rush. Shikamaru remained kneeling on the floor, for his technique had a cool down, a time--maybe, seconds--before he could stand from his place and avoid.

...Shit!

Things had happened way too fast.

---

"Ow!" Told Temari herself. She just had been scratched by a rather sharp leaf in the forest. The female looked at her wounded shoulder, but didn't really pay attention to it that much. She wanted to come after Shikamaru.

"Excuse me," said Temari as she approached a villager of Suna. "Have you seen a guy with a black-coloured hair tied upwards like a black pineapple? He has earrings and he's wearing a jonin jacket of Konoha."

'Black pineapple? Is there something like that?' Thought the villager as she blinked in question. Even so of the confusion, she still answered the kunoichi. "He headed outside the village, through the forest."

"...Okay. Thanks!" Then vanished off from her sight.

"Shikamaru!"

---

I can't move! Shit, he's right behind me; he's got a kunai! Damn, move, Shikamaru! Move!

Shikamaru tried his best to make an action, defence or offence, whichever would work, but his body refused to move from its place.

"Shikamaru, crouch!"

In a short span of seconds as if mixed with some kind of magic, he did what he was told to. The male crouched as low as he could, his eyes clamped tight, hoping that a miracle would happen after he decided to open his eyes.

Then, silence took over...

Immediately, he turned to where the familiar voice came from.

It was Temari's.

...A kunai was stuck in her stomach.

She protected Shikamaru.

Wh...

"Temari!"

Was all that he could say. His opponent was off their sight; only a near dying Temari was visible in his eyes.