Chapter 7: Second Day

"Ssh, be quiet or you'll wake them up!"

"I am not even making a noise over here. You're the one who's making the rustling sounds."

"Just shush it."

The lovebirds made their way to Shikamaru's room, a camera was resting on Yoshino's hand. There was a small grin on her lips, telling whoever sees it that she has a plan in mind. Slowly, they tilted the door knob open, and peeked inside first before making their first step in. Even if Shikaku was completely against this, he had no choice but to follow his wife, or he'll hear an earful on or before this.

Yoshino pointed the camera towards them, and clicked the capture button. The two were hugging each other--Temari was using Shikamaru's right arm as her pillow, her right hand was over the male's stomach, hugging him while Shikamaru's left hand was over Temari's right hand, holding it rather passionately even if he was sleeping.

There was a flash of light snapped on them, making Shikamaru move from his sleep. And as he did, Temari was also awakened. There were small murmurs saying they're disturbing their sleep, that they shouldn't bother them. It took him a few minutes before realising that his parents were standing before them.

"...!" A small gasp escaped the teen's lips, Temari jolting awake. "What are you two doing here..?"

"Did we disturb a sleep of someone tired since last night?"

"...You did disturb us, but it wasn't because of what you have in mind. Being in too many missions these days are really tiring and we need sleep sometimes. Besides, Temari-"

"Temari again, hm?" Replied Yoshino, a suspicious expression was drawn on her face.

Shikamaru stopped whatever he was planning to say, before he could blurt out something unnecessary. He knew he wouldn't win over his mother at all, no matter how right he defend his state now.

"Son, why is Temari with you?" Asked Shikaku, voice was low like the usual. He wasn't against it, he just wanted to know.

The lad was silent for a moment, until he let out a sigh and scratched the back of his head. "Well, we were discussing some important stuff...and eventually fell asleep together."

"Important stuff?" Clarified his mother.

With her usual facial expression, Temari passed to herself the questions being thrown to her friend. "It's the truth, Yoshino-san, Shikaku-san. We didn't do something inappropriate. He just comforted me because I was...uh, overthinking things last night," she said 'overthinking' instead of 'crying'. She didn't want anyone else to find out that side of her aside from Shikamaru, knowing she's a shinobi of Suna.

I don't know why but I trust this pineapple head so much.

Convinced, Yoshino replied. "I see~ You know you can always talk to mom about it, sweetie!"

Mom's serious about it, huh-, thought Shikamaru.

...She still hasn't given up on it..? said Temari in her mind. However, she flashed another forced chuckle towards Shikamaru's mother as a sign of her agreement.

"Mom, dad, why are you two here, anyway?" He asked, rubbing his hues so he could fully wake up.

"...Your mom dragged-"

"Ino wanted us to hand over a letter to you," replied Yoshino. She elbowed Shikaku right in his stomach so he wouldn't spill what they were doing minutes ago. On the other hand, Shikamaru's father was still in state of pain as he held his stomach, and his body rather slouched. However, Yoshino remained the smile on her lips, nerve popping out at the side of her temple. She really didn't like Shikaku's act at all.