Chapter 17: Mistaken

"Will this even work..?" Shikamaru asked himself.

"...So, our first destination is actually at the club," began Temari whilst of shuffling through the documents she was holding, teal hues were almost planted in there, brows were furrowed like a militant as usual. "The club located near the library-structured office," a sigh was let out from the same person, until she rested her right hand on her side. "Let's start this mission; we can't waste more time."

He didn't reply. Still blunt as ever. Looking from this angle, compared to her actions in the Nara household, back when she smiles at me in most unexpected times, her troublesome chuckles, the way she said that Nara won't be bad as a surname, that one expression she did when I kissed her, the way she said she loves me...It's completely different from what I can see right now. Shikamaru scratched his head. Even so, I like it the way she and our relationship is now. It's less troublesome this way.

As soon as Temari opened the door, it revealed a busy little community having fun. Most were drinking their hearts out, others were singing dizzily on the stage, there were girls pole dancing, other girls were on a man's table pouring beer on their empty glasses. This is a place where heartbroken, alone and tired shinobi go to once their missions are over.

"Man, this is messed up," mumbled Shikamaru, but was audible enough for Temari to hear.

Even so, they had to do the mission assigned to them. After all, this was given by the Hokage.

No eyes had landed on them; it seemed all of those who were here were too occupied to even pay attention. Quickly, a girl approached Shikamaru. Just him. "You might haven't asked, but I give services that only people like you--a strong and capable shinobi--would be able to experience. It happens here," she pointed below her belt. "...that connects to...here," then pointed below Shikamaru's belt. The female gave him a wink and flirty smile as she did her best to encourage him to come with her.

"!!" The teen was taken aback. In an instant, pink tints were scattered across his face. Seeing his reaction made the other woman smirk slightly. I... I didn't know Konoha have this kind of...

"Come on, let's go!" She said, pulling Shikamaru's wrist with her.

"Huh? But..," he looked at his girlfriend, hoping that Temari would do something to stop her.

But he was wrong.

"Ah, don't tell me she's your girlfriend? Quite a tough-looking one, I should say. You have a bit...different taste compared to other women," she giggled. "Because of that, I like you even more! Let's go!" She invited more desperately.

They both didn't say they were together, they didn't say they weren't either.

Temari pulled Shikamaru closer to her rather harshly by pulling the neckline of his black tights towards her. Yet, instead of seeing her fight for what's originally hers, it was actually the other way around that Shikamaru mentally protested in his mind. Closely and inaudible for the third person to hear, Temari whispered to the genius. "Do what she wants. But while you're having fun, gather information about our enemies. I'll go look around to some other parts of this place to see if I can get any," after that, he was thrown over next to the female.

"Oh?~ Arguments already? Don't worry, I'll treat your boyfriend good! I'll make him experience the ecstasy you can't give him."

"Enough chit-chat!" Ordered Temari, then glanced at Shikamaru. A glance that said: do your work; don't slack off--don't enjoy too much. A reanimation? Again?

This made the other shudder in surprise. Temari looked really annoyed, but he couldn't seem to understand why since she's the one who ordered this thing to happen. Shikamaru was about to stand up for himself, since men couldn't stay in debt to a woman for a long time, but then, she told him what to do. If he would follow her, as his girlfriend, that would definitely hurt, Shikamaru knew. But if he wouldn't follow the given order, she would be mad too. He didn't know what to do.