Chapter 26: The Awaited Battle

Kin had seen how aggressive Tayuya went to take Temari down.

Tayuya kept being pushed by the wind, one reason why she couldn't get close to the blonde at all. Annoyed, she clicked his tongue and began hiding behind a tree, readying herself to perform her genjutsu to attack the blonde. However, she felt like the history of her battles was being repeated, and thinking about that annoyed her more.

Kin's black hues stared at her for a minute or two more until...

"Hey, how long are you gonna stand there?" The familiar voice of a man traveled in her ears. It was the same voice who mocked her back in the exams. The voice which somehow laughed at her for being stupid back then. Shikamaru Nara.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not the same stupid Kin Tsuchi you've met before."

"Ah? But you're already under my shadow."

"?! H-How did this-?!"

"Well, you were so caught up in Temari and Tayuya's battle. And I figured that it was the time to attack since your friend said nothing and began attacking my 'friend'. Here we are."

"But- Tayuya!" She called for help.

Her ally glanced at her. "Tch. It's not my fault you got caught by that lazy asshole's stupid shadow! I am not responsible for you; I'm not here to save you. You're an annoying bitch."

Sakura, who was watching the four from behind, began calling the members of the Sealing Team to start sealing Kin Tsuchi. "No, wait!" The enemy struggled. "Shikamaru! No! Shikamaru! I love you!"

Huh? Told Shikamaru to himself.

Eh? Questioned Sakura.

...What? Mumbled Temari to herself.

"Ah?" The Sealing Team said in unison.

"What the hell?" Tayuya expressed.

"I love you, Shikamaru! Why do you have to be so dense?! I came back for you, to see you again! Geez, read the atmosphere, you bastard!"

Shikamaru scratched the back of his head. Should I be thankful? No. Should I be happy? I think not. Should I say something? I probably need to do that. Because feeling that all eyes are staring at me is the time I should be defending myself. "Yeah, okay," he said cheaply. Was that the best response? Probably? I don't know.

Sakura felt like laughing, so as Temari. But both tried their bests not to. What kind of reply would they expect from Shikamaru, anyway?

"That's it?!"

"Do you want the truth? Okay. Here goes nothing. At the very first time I've encountered you, I found you pretty."

Pretty? Kin repeated in her mind. "Aww, you think I'm pretty?"

"Yeah. Pretty annoying," Shikamaru proceeded. "I barely had known you, and I don't like you."

Kin felt like she was stabbed in the chest; a guy she likes dislikes her fully. With no hope, she sat on the floor, almost as if lifelessly. "Seal me, please...," she told the Sealing Team, tears falling from the brim of her eyes. She got dumped.

"What a loser," commented Tayuya.

Ouch, that hurt. Told Sakura to herself. When she was just twelve years old and confessed to someone, Sakura received the same painful response. She had to act that she was okay, but deep inside, it actually pained her. That's why she could understand Kin's feelings; yet, it was no time to pity an enemy. "Sealing Team, please," ordered the female then, the team nodding to her as their response. Successfully, they had sealed Kin. There's one left for them to take care of. Tayuya of the Sound Four.

Temari stood in front of Tayuya whilst using her tessen as a help so she could lean onto something. However, her other hand was resting on her waist as if waiting for the other female to see her demeanour. A kind of gesture a person from Sound Four would dislike--or be annoyed at. "What are you standing there for?" She asked the blonde, her voice hoarse.

"What are you standing there for?" Rebutted Temari.

"What do you m-"

"Geez, you let your guard down too much, woman," stated Shikamaru. "If you could have continued attacking whilst Kin was 'interrogating' me, you could have had the chance to use your genjutsu and kill both of us. However, you chose to watch and listen," still in his cool posture, he glanced behind the Sealing Team and told them that it was the time to seal Tayuya; conversation was made not thru words, but facial expressions. Temari landed beside Shikamaru, her tessen now on her back.

The Sealing Team approached the Otonin. She kept struggling but it was too late. The seal had crawled from her feet then up to her face, Tayuya cursing at Shikamaru and Temari before being fully sealed. They took the body back to the quarters, leaving the two and Sakura in there.

The pink-haired female cleared her throat and said, "I will report this to Hokage-sama and Kazekage-sama. Enjoy your time together alone, both of you," she teased, then finally vanished off from their sights.

"Well, I suppose that's over. For now."

"Yeah," agreed Shikamaru. "We still have to find the culprit behind all of these. Man, troublesome."

"I still can't believe that Kin person likes you. I mean, what's there to like about you?" She joked.

"Hey, you're supposed to be the one answering that question," laughed Shikamaru. "Let's go before it gets dark," shifted the lad. While walking together, series of questions suddenly came out from his mouth. "What do you think of the married life? It's troublesome, right?"

"Yeah, but if it is spending time with the one you love, that shouldn't be trouble at all."

"I'm actually thinking if you're ready."

"Ready?"

"Ready to get your surname changed to Nara."

Temari was taken aback. "Did you just propose?"