Prologue: Sand Siblings

It's true, that Sasuke person looks quite attractive and strong.

Pink tints ran across her face. "Me?" She said, pointing at herself. Sasuke did ask the name of the person he had taken an interest into, which she thought it was her, but was quickly dumped by the youngest of Uchiha. "Not you, him with the red hair," he cleared.

The said red-haired male, who to be called Gaara of the Desert, glanced at the other male. His voice was rather intimidating he had to look at him quick, yet the youngest of the Sand Siblings maintained his cool, his green hues still at the other. "...Gaara of the Sand," the slim one cleared. The three didn't wait for him to reply, thus made their ways to the Chuunin Exams.

Oh, so guys interest him more, huh. Pretty interesting I should say.

"Next match: Shikamaru Nara and Temari of the Sand!" Genma announced.

With such calm mind and composure, the two landed on the ground, immediately facing each other. Let's finish this quick. The male with a black-coloured hair tied upwards kept complaining that this match was 'troublesome'. It pisses her off to the extent that she started analysing what he could actually do. This non-stop statement of 'how troublesome' or 'what a drag', only that it interchanges from that one statement to another, was probably his way to get her attention off from concentration.

And so, she didn't let her guard down.

If I can maintain a distance from him, his shadows wouldn't be able to reach me. She smirked. Of course. Up above her was a jacket with a Kunai attached to it. It appeared to be like a small parachute; the difference was the one serving as the parachute of the kunai was the jacket of her opponent. This is bad! If that jacket points below me, that kunai will fall and his shadow will be able to reach me! I have to dodge!

Smart enough, her enemy had gotten a hold of her with the use of his shadow.

"What?!"

"Look behind you," the little boy said with assurance that he was smarter than her.

She did follow him. To her surprise, she found out with her own eyes that the shadow had traveled under the hole Naruto created, who would be one of the representatives of the match before them. The rather smarter one began moving forward. Against the female's will, she did too, she's under the shadow of the other. The male raised his right hand.

"I give up."

The line surprised everyone watching the match, and eventually got disappointed. There were series of 'boo' from the people, but he didn't care. He wasn't so much known, so first, the watchers didn't care about what he could do. He got them fired up and see how the match would turn, but now, he had given up.

"What are you sayi-"

"I used too much Chakra calculating your distance. I'm too tired, I give up."

"What?!" Kankuro, the female's younger brother, stated. "But I had to admit he was pretty good to make Temari think while she's in the field."

---

I'm getting pissed off. What's with that guy? What was his name again, Shikamaru Nara? She furrowed her brows in determination. I'm gonna get his ass to have a rematch with me. Winning that easily, especially that he had given up, is the one I couldn't take! I mean, I could do better!

"...mari, Temari!" Called Kankuro, getting annoyed now.

The female shuddered in surprise. Kankuro's voice never raised at her like that, today would be the first time.