Chapter 10: Sakura's Suspicions

"Temari Na-?" She repeated, as she looked at the paper that was flying around Konoha for minutes now. The female soon realised that there was a shadow on top of the paper, holding it as if it was being stopped from flying everywhere. A small smile immediately carved itself on her lips. 'Temari Nara, huh?' She repeated, amused on how actually Shikamaru could do things like this. 'Not a bad surname.'

---

It was the time they both entered the wrong room in the hot springs. Shikamaru was currently dealing with the awkwardness he was feeling since he really didn't had a chance to be with a girl inside a room before. Both were naked, on top of that.

"Hey."

As Temari called him, he shuddered in surprise. That simple 'hey' made him get back to reality; the reality that he was with the cruelest kunoichi inside the hot springs, and she was naked in front of him. He could have avoided this to happen if he hadn't dozed off.

"You could have at least said 'thanks' or something along that, rather than panicking in embarrassment because you've seen something 'inappropriate', something your eyes shouldn't have seen. Stop acting like a kid, Shikamaru. You're already 17. And if you think I care about you seeing my body, then you're wrong."

Shikamaru wasn't reacting; it looked like he was drowned in his own thoughts. However, Temari wasn't able to notice that.

"Besides," she paused a bit, unaware that she's showing him her 'good' side now. "I won't hesitate to marry you. You're the only one who's gonna see this, anyway," there wasn't a change of expression at all. Temari casually told him that, but it would seem he wasn't able to hear.

---

Click!

The door leading to the Hokage's quarters clicked open, a sign that someone was about to get in. The blow of the wind had escaped from that small opening as the door was pushed forward; it would seem that nature had been locking itself inside and been wanting to escape for no one knows how eager it was.

So it did.

Temari titled the door open so she could fit in, only an image of Shikamaru Nara was sitting on the floor, picking up pieces of papers that had scattered around the room was visible to her hues. She couldn't help but flash a surprised, questionable facial expression towards the latter who seemed to be in panic. "What are you-"

"What a dr-"

Shikamaru spoke as if he didn't hear someone speak. And soon as it entered his hearing range, which to be of his late realisation, his words were stopped in the mid-air. Though his gasp was made inside, it was still loud enough for the kunoichi to hear--or the room was just probably too quiet right now. Slowly, he turned towards where the voice came from. To his surprise, it was Temari. "You.. Uh, this is..."

"Scattered papers for the next Chuunin Exams," she continued as if they had talked about this before.

The line made the other shudder, but not really amused that she knew about it. After all, from where she was standing, it looked pretty obvious.

"Sshhh," commanded Shikamaru, comical sweats were forming at the right side of his temple.

"Oh?" She replied, amused. Temari knew Shikamaru wouldn't want anyone to find out about the mistake he did. The female just stood there, completely amazed of Shikamaru's eagerness to not let anyone know. "One stick of dango is fine."