Chapter 22: Paperworks

Not interested in girls; finds them really troublesome. Developing feelings, but hiding it, anyway. Getting close to the person he likes, not to mention that the person he likes is someone he claimed to be the most troublesome and scary person. Finding out they have mutual feelings for each other. Like turning into love. Getting in a relationship, then hiding it from the rest of the group. Telling some people about their relationship.

The last part was something he really didn't expect to come; he wanted a low-profile relationship if ever he gets in  with someone. But somehow, opening up to some people had helped him loosen the strands in his chest. After that incident, he felt like it would be easier to show affection to the person he loves, only when those people who knew the thing going on between him and Temari wouldn't maliciously stare at him and record every move he'd do. It would be something that'd pull him off from his concentration to make the sandy blonde happy.

He sighed.

...People are really troublesome.

After a few seconds, whilst on the rooftop, the pineapple-haired male finally lay himself on the cold grounds of Konohagakure. Just thinking about how freely he could move now and show Temari the affection he wanted to show her made him carve a silly smile on his lips. What am I thinking? Mentally facepalming himself, he glanced upwards--towards the peaceful clouds moving simultaneously. Afternoon is the best time to watch the clouds, thus, Shikamaru finding himself to be doing it.

However, the nature, siding playfully with him, had formed a structure that was close to the shape of Temari's face and her four-ponytails. It wasn't made perfect, but Shikamaru's imagination was making him think it was. Once again, just inside him, he ruffled his head. Though known to be smart, he couldn't get the less point of why he was unnecessarily thinking about his partner. It was unusual of him.

Sure, I did wish I want to be one of those clouds. Free, peaceful... But having a little spice in life isn't that bad. He chuckled to himself, more of an amused sounding one than the usual chuckle a person would do. The wind, in no doubt, from the Village of the Sand, had blown itself and touched the skin of the lad. Shikamaru felt the cold, but it really didn't bother him that much. His eyes wanted to close themselves so he could finally drift off to sleep, but the thought that having Temari in his life had made him fully awake.

It took him a lot of minutes, almost close to an hour, before his mind finally let him do what he wanted. Yet, Izumo had appeared on the rooftop, standing before the young jounin. "Shikamaru, the Hokage summons you."

"Me?" Questioned the lad. Though wasn't in any mood to break from slacking off, he stood and placed both of his hands inside his pockets. Could it be that the Hokage is planning something like teasing me again? Geez. Shikamaru scratched the back of his head, then looked straight at Izumo. He nodded, agreeing to follow right behind the latter. However, before vanishing into thin air, he yawned then proceeded to the quarters.

--

"I didn't call you over to tease you, just so you know," started Tsunade, her hands intertwined in front of her while her jaw was over them.

This made Shikamaru flinch; she totally had what he was thinking before going over here. A small sweat drop appeared at the side of his forehead whilst his brows were comically furrowed. Of course, the Hokage would be that sharp.

"I need to you pile these papers together before 9:00AM," ordered the higher-up. Brown hues looked down at the lad as if striking him.

Getting the message, the pineapple-haired male nodded. "Right away, Hokage-sama."

Well, 'right away' wasn't the right word since I really am not the type who would do things 'right away'. He shrugged. I'll do it, anyway.

When he was on his way to get those papers on his arms, Tsunade called for him again, without removing her hues from his movements. "Shikamaru."

Without answering the Hokage's call, Shikamaru turned to her, blinking and waiting for what she was going to tell him. "..?"

"The Kazekage had told me it was possible for the person behind all the reanimations that he's following Temari around; she's not safe. If he was able to hit her because she blocked you from harm by using herself as a cover, not to mention that that was pure luck because she used herself as a bait, the next time would be pretty much by plan. We can't say, but we can't deny either that he's definitely planning an assault to take down the Kazekage's sister."

I can tell. I have known. Kin amd Tayuya's reanimations are still alive. If Daimaru's already sealed, and Shiho's back to normal because Daimaru's the one controlling her, then it's possible that someone else is taking control of these reanimations since those two troublesome women are still alive.

It sent Shikamaru no change in his facial expression at all. The only thing he could tell was he wanted to die in old age before his wife. Assuming his wife would be the sandy blonde, he wouldn't allow such madness to take over them. Love should and will prevail.

"I want you to-"

"I will," was an immediate answer.

Tsunade let out a chuckle, saying she wasn't surprised at the other's immediate response. "Good. Be sure that you'll not let her fall into any harm."

Heh. The teen scoffed. She's too keen to randomly fall into someone's stupid pit. But, of course, I won't let things like that happen. He nodded. "I understand, Hokage-sama."

"Shizune," called the older female.

What? Shizune is around? I thought she's...

The door opened, revealing the person Tsunade called for. "Yes, Hokage-sama?"

"Take over of Shikamaru's work. He'll travel to Suna starting today."

Confused, the raven-haired male blinked. "But, w-"

"Go there! NOW!" Ordered Tsunade, which made Shikamaru flinch because of her strong shouts. After regaining his composure, but a comical swear drop still on the side of his temple, Shikamaru tried to find words to respond to the other.

"I... I understand, Hokage-sama. I'll be off," he said, then vanished into thin air.

A few seconds had passed before Tsunade chuckled an amused one again. "Look at him going off without packing things up. He even had forgotten he's going to travel three days straight from here to Suna. No food?" She laughed.

"Should I go after him?"

"No. Let him be. He'll notice that. Soon," the older female peeked from the open window of her quarters, her hues dropping on a pineapple-haired male. He was on his way outside the village, Izumo and Kotetsu finally bidding goodbyes, but Shikamaru returned to his home as quick as possible. After a few minutes, he went out waving once to his mother and now headed back to the gates. He's now holding a packed lunch whilst scratching the back of his head.

Geez. You're already leaving but your mother still scolds you. Troublesome.

Tsunade, since she could tell what happened just by seeing his gestures and demeanours, laughed at the amusing sight.