Chapter 9: The Bridge Leading to Suna

Tap, tap.

The sound of the rustling leaves echoed around the quiet place in the forest; soft breeze as he jumped from one branch to another had softly touched his skin, his eyes were keen on the road. Shikamaru had to catch up to Temari before something unwanted happens. Therefore, he increased his speed and began darting his eyes around, hoping to find the figure he was looking for.

Not from afar to where he was standing was a female, her back was facing him. She was walking rather slowly, which made the male slow down on drawing more of his tracks. His usual facial expression was still on the figure, in case something happens. Before he could speak, the lass had taken over.

She turned around to his direction and approached him. "Shikamaru, what took you so long?" Asked Temari. "I've been waiting for you for more than five minutes now," with stern voice, she continued. "Let's go."

Ah, so it was Temari. I thought it was a different person, knowing that I saw a female with black hair... Well, whatever. At least, I don't have to catch up anymore.

Shikamaru wasn't able to reply so he just followed her tracks. Besides, he wanted to avoid further arguments with her, or any woman around him. Few steps were drawn forward to Suna but was halted right after when Temari turned to him once again, and...

"!"

She kissed him.

Wha-?!

Shikamaru's hues had widen in surprise. Knowing Temari, she wouldn't do reckless things such as this...and with him, on top of that. The lad didn't know what or how to react. He wanted to push her away because he knew this was wrong--this isn't supposed to be the Nara men's way, but...whilst of wanting her to stop, this one intimate action with her made him explore deeper. After all, it's Temari.

His hands, which were resting on the side, now moved upwards on Temari's back. On the other hand, however, Temari pushed herself against him, deepening the kiss. It was getting even more intense; Temari's hands reached behind Shikamaru's head, while Shikamaru's were moved up then down. Shit, I can't stop...

"Shikamaru...," it was a stifled moan. Hearing that from the person he likes somehow sent a rather weird feeling in his body. Ah, why is she-

His thoughts were cut in the mid-air, his views darkening. "What-?"

"Man, I didn't know you're this easy to get, Shikamaru. To tell you frankly, this is my revenge for that one thing you did back in the Chuunin Exams when we're still genin. Still idiot as ever."

The voice he heard before had changed into a softer tone, the features he was familiar with were changed into something different, but it was still something he could tell. He knew who she was. Black hair, slim feminine body, has an Otogakure's sign in her forehead protector, and was wearing her snake-printed pants.

Kin Tsuchi.

She stuck a piece of kunai right in his stomach; the evil grin she had drawn on her lips had no plans of removing itself off from it. It would seem she was enjoying the slow pain she's giving the latter, and seeing the blood flow out from it like a river in a rush made it even more interesting.

How could I be so careless... There were groans of pain released from Shikamaru, his body curling on the ground. He had his right hand placed on the flesh wound, hoping that the bleeding would stop. As seconds tick, he's losing even more blood. Shikamaru could feel his cold sweats, his sights starting to darken. Could this be it..?