Funerals

Five days Later (Day of the Funeral)

I wake up with the sound of my alarm on my phone singing "Rise up, when you're living on your knees you..."

I turn off my alarm, get out of bed, stretch out my arms and back, and stumble into a nice warm shower.

I get out of the shower and I shiver, and I wrap my towel around me tighter. I walk into my connecting bedroom, and find a nice dress to wear.

I put on a knee length, black, sleeveless dress, black stockings, black flats, and I wear a simple, single diamond necklace that Oak and Thayne bought me for my birthday.

I straighten my hair and pull a quarter of it back into a black clip. For my make up I wear foundation, powder, concealer, and blush.

I don't wear any eye makeup because I know I will cry, but I probably won't completely ruin my facial make up.

I walk down to the kitchen to see Lin cooking eggs. I grab a plate and a cup of orange juice already set out.

I grab some eggs and eat them quickly, then run back up to my bedroom to grab my black clutch and to brush my teeth.

We pile into the car, and drive off to the funeral home where Oak is. I hear my phone vibrate on the floor of the car. I bend down to pick it up.

D.D: Morning sunshine. I hope you feel ok. Just so you know we are telling Lin about Anthony today.

Me: Morning. I am feeling as well as I could. I know. Thanks.

D.D: See you there. Bye

Me: yeah, bye

I put down my phone and decide to turn on the radio. Stitches came on the station. I slightly sing to it, only the really catchy parts. Time After Time then came on after a Home Depot advertisement.

Soon enough we are at Dover's Funeral Home. We planned a simple funeral, only for the family. We have a more extravagant one for the press, but that will happen later this afternoon.

We get out of the car and walk into the funeral home. We walk over to where the cast is. They are gathered around Oak's coffin.

We see Oak lying in the wooden coffin. He has a peaceful look on his face. He looks content. But why would anyone do this? Who is this heartless to snatch someone's life away form them unwillingly?

I look at the cast's face. I see Phillipa have a sad smile on her face. I see Renée blinking back tears. I see Jasmine wiping a single tear off her face.

I see Jonathan hold Renée, him looking at his wife with a sad look in his face. Chris is on the floor, kneeling at the coffin, his hands on his face.

Lin is holding Sebastian, who is looking around trying to grasp what is happening. Lin is just looking at Oak, muttering to himself.

Oak's family are holding Oak's hand for the last time. Oak's friends are comforting Oak's mother, who is shaking over the coffin.

Leslie is just starting at Oak with wide eyes. Thayne walked up to Oak's coffin and gave him a bar of chocolate. Everyone laughs through their tears.

I see Daveed enter the room. He has a poker face, but his eyes are shattered. I can tell he is absolutely devastated. Daveed comes over and stands by me. I see a single tear fund down his face. I reach up to him and wrap my arms around his torso.

He hugs me back. It isn't a romantic hug. Just a friendly one. I open my eyes, and through mg tears I see Anthony in the back of the room. I see his face is full of horror.

My stomach turns at the sight of him. I bury my face into Daveed's chest. Eventually we break away from the embrace. I glance at my phone and see a text from an all to familiar number.

1- 551-870-654: Cori, please, meet me out side in the courtyard. I nerd to tell you something.

I sigh. "Hey, Dad, I am heading to the bathroom."

"Okay, baby girl", Dad says back to me smiling.

I walk out of the back door. I see Anthony standing near a fountain. I take a deep breath in and exhale slowly.

This could go in too many directions. And that isn't a good song.