Epilogue

(a/n: i've been writing this story based on true events those are happened between zayn and liam. not all the parts but mostly. and for this one last chapter, i hope this would happen.)

Zayn's POV

(time skip to whenever it is)

I wake up with two strong arms surrounding my body. I listen to soft snores coming from a pair of lips behind my head. A scent of musk filling the room. I nuzzle my face to one of his arms, breathing in his scent. I have my body snuggled deeper to Liam's bigger one, feeling more comfortable by then.

But when I try to close my eyes and back to sleep again, Liam stirs slowly. He's bringing me closer–if that's possible–to his body. I let out a squeak when he's squeezing the life out of me. And he innocently chuckles by that. A frown forming on my face.

"Good morning. It's so nice to have a morning like this, with you and I in the same bed again."

I nod my head slowly, agreeing. We both know it's been very long since the last time we did. And we missed a moment like this. "Stay still." He mumbles. "No. We have several things to do, Leeyum." I try to get myself out of his arms. But it only makes him to tighten his hold.

"Give me more minutes."

I let out a sigh and decide to give up. So I just lay there, right next to him.

After a good fifteen minutes–which felt like an hour–Liam finally lets me go. I get up and go straight to the bathroom while he goes downstairs to cook us breakfast.

"Zayn come down already!" He shouts as I'm doing my hair. I roll my eyes because he exactly knows how long it will take for me to get ready. But I also know he doesn't like to have breakfast alone whenever we're under the same roof.

"Zayn!" He shouts for the second time.

I end up wearing a beanie over my unstyled hair and walk downstaris as fast as I can before he can shout my name again. I join him at the dining table. I huff when I catch him eyeing me. "What?" I sit myself across him.

"We're only going to record a song, you don't have to look good you know." I sigh, "I didn't even get to style my hair, Li."

He raises his eyebrows. "It doesn't matter though, I still like you in my shirt." A smirk forming on my face while he is eating his pancake.

I wear one of his long sleeve shirts, the black one he used to wear a lot in his free time. He once let me borrowed it, from then on I never handed it back to him. And he doesn't mind that I keep his shirt.

We finish our breakfast at nine. I wash the dishes and Liam goes upstairs to take a shower. Once he's done, we're off to the studio.

"Higher, Zayn." Liam asks. I was trying to hit the note perfectly, but with him being around me in such a small room and filled only by the two of us makes me can't concentrate.

"Give me a break." I finally take the headphone off, sitting next to him and stare down at the paper I'm holding.

In the past months me and Liam have been writing some songs for my new album. And he promises to help produce them too because I used to help him writing songs for his first solo album. So it works like that. We help each other for our career, and also promoting each other through anything necessarily.

People are still questioning about our relationship, or what's actually going on between us. Which me and Liam can't tell either. It's not like we don't love each other anymore, it's just better if we're like this. I can't call him my boyfriend but he is mine, and so I am his. Even though I want more than that.

"If you're not ready we can go home, Zayn." Liam's voice dragging me out of my thoughts. "You've been like, staring at those lyrics.. Maybe you wanna change some of them?" He wraps his arm around me.

I shake my head, "no." Then looking up at him. "I was just thinking.. What are we?"

He lets out a sigh, rubbing his thumb on my cheekbone. "We've talked about this before. No matter what, we are together. It's up to anyone to see us as whatever it is."

"What do you see about us?"

A small smile formed on his face, "we are who we are." I can't help but lean in to press my lips to his. We're moving slowly until I move to sit on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck while he's holding my hips.

He starts to pull my shirt off, touching my upper body anywhere he can reach. I only sit there, rubbing his stubbled cheeks and staring down fondly at him.

It's true that we are who we are, when no one's watching.

We don't want to end a friendship to start a relationship. We will let people stuck in their confusion. We will let our fans expecting and blaming our management still. And we will let the medias say what they wanna say. We have decided that we gotta stay like this till the end. Even if that means having kids with him without being married to him.

And I won't mind that we've already planned all of those things. Together.

THE END.