Chapter 39

"Sup." Liam answers casually.

I clear my throat once in case he hasn't seen his caller id and if he doesn't recognize this was me who's calling. "Yes, Zayn?", He says making my heart stop beating. I swear I can feel him smirking right now, right there from the way he says my name. Does he know what was he doing?

"Explain." I demand.

He hums, "which thing you want me to explain?". I let out a sigh, "It's obvious, Liam." I can hear him shuffling around and a few things are moving.. or being moved. "Which one, babe?". And with that, there is a sudden rush in me. I swear I was mad at him earlier! But everytime he talks through the phone plus calling me a name, soon I feel like I lose all my nerves to burst it out all.

"You. Cheryl." I hear him stop shuffling, and there's a short silent after. "Ah, that one. She's a great woman."

I can feel my blood starts to boil. He doesn't even tense for a bit, or even nervous answering my question. He plays it cool, really.

"Liam." I change my tone, I want to show him that I'm ready to murder anyone right at this moment. "So how are you and the model?" He tries to change the topic in a wrong way. He makes me even angrier. "I'm talking about you and-" He cuts me, "Zayn, don't worry okay? We're both know what are we doing and we're happy with that. So stop acting like you don't like the whole situation we're in."

"Liam! This is all wrong! You- wait, what?" I just realized what was he trying to say. "So you and her are real? I mean, it's not the stupid management again? Are you two are really really, like, really dating? Liam, what the fúck?"

I'm totally breaking down right now. My eyes are hot with tears, my lip starts to tremble.

"I was never yours and you were never mine, Zayn." He says breaking my heart in pieces. "B-but we love each other, do we? We d-don't really need a status to say that we're actually together!" I struggle with my words.

"You were the one who refused to be mine everytime I'm asking you."

"I did that because I don't want to ruin your career! Or either lose your fans!"

"But after all this time, you're the one who's worrying too much about reputation, Zayn." It is somehow stop me from fighting him back.

He is right.

I'm worrying about it in a way too much. I remember how he never cared about being exposed to public about his sexuality. He never thought about the risk whenever he teased me on the stage and let people see what was in front of them. He never hid anything all this time. He was trying to let it show but I'm the who seems like denying us to people.

What an another great job, Zayn Malik.

"Just letting you know, I almost put a ring on you but you did a mistake with that girl."

"Lia-"

"And if you can make a deal with them people, so I can." And with that, he hangs up the call.

My mind starts to race, trying to get everything he said. His last words. Was that mean.. It's just a planned relationship like I do with her? Or? Okay he lets me hanging over his words. But, I'm scared that he doesn't feel anything for me anymore.

What if he's already moving on? That's pretty quick, but, what if? Or the worse, what if he never actually loved me? Though he's very serious to me, but, who knows?

I shake my head, wiping the tears on my cheeks. I need to erase all those negative thoughts off my mind from now. I know how hard Liam is. He doesn't want anyone to know when he's feeling sad, bothered, or upset. He hides it good, sometimes even better than I do.

Funny how we're both such a hideous.