Chapter 41

Zayn's POV

"I don't know the new you, Zayn. You have changed." Liam admits, he doesn't bother to make an eye contact with me.

Here we are finally talking about each other's feeling. We agreed to meet up in Las Vegas. And of course, with our beards. But at least I can finally see his face again, I was sick thinking about him and worrying about things. Liam is the only cure to my pain, yet he is the reason why am I in pain.

"There's no new me. I thought you know me the best."

"I know you better than anyone does that's why I have to tell you that you are different now."

The silence comes up filling the room. None of us dare to say a word again. Maybe he is right. Maybe I've changed that I am so different now from who I was back then. "I'm sorry, Liam. I was never meant to change."

He sighs, "people thought this is the real you, Zayn. You make them think that way." I sit up straight, ready to take whatever words he would say. "People like you like this. They adore you when you're turning bad and wild and careless."

The edge of my lips curves a bit into a smirk, but then turns to a frown when Liam continues, "but some of them don't. They don't like you being the center of attention. They are just gonna stay in where they are, wondering if you would turn back to who you were." He looks at me straight to my eyes, his looks is softening. "And I am one of them."

"Liam-"

"People now seeing you as a sexist, a fúckboy. They thought you'd fuck a plenty of blonde bìtches there and then."

"You're talking like my dad.." I mumble.

"Zayn, that's not the point. How are we gonna start 'zayn and liam' if you keep blocking their minds with the things you do?" He keeps his stare at me, a serious look on his face.

"I'm following some fans with 'ziam' on their usernames." I mentally palm my face with the answer given to Liam. But that's the truth! I really do it.

"Please, Zayn. They won't give a fúck about that." He sighs with his 'are you being serious' face, which makes me frown. Well, at least I try to convince people about me and Liam. "You really thought about this." I whisper, looking down at my knees.

"You've been taking over my mind since we met. I wish I could ease you off my head." Liam scoffs, looking away anywhere but me.

"I'm sorry." Apologizing is all that I can do to him. I wanna tease him and call him 'daddy' right at this moment, with him being all cold, mature, and a bit strict like this. But at the same time I don't want to be murdered by the one I'm lusting over, because frustrated Liam is actually scary.

He lets out an another sigh, making me look up at him. "Not now, Zayn."

When I told you he knows me the best, he does know me the best. It seems like he can read my mind but actually, he's just know me way too well.

Liam would just make me blush every single second he throws a glance at me. He is seriously can turn me on in so many ways even when he was sick and close to death. He would still look hot and attractive to me.

I clear my throat then nod my head. Jeez, Zayn. I'm searching for words I wanted to say to him earlier in my head, but got distracted anyway by the way he looks so mad and- okay. "I'm under control, Liam. I can't do whatever I want."

"So I am. Although I'm on a break, that doesn't mean that I'm not being controlled or even watched. They're everywhere around me, ready to make a move if I do something shady."

"You are very understand with things happen to us. You understand that the things we do are actually not real, not in the way we want it to be. Then why are you so mad with me being  'out and about' with her? In fact you're 'dating' someone who's ten years older than you." I try to point out some things.

"Nine in ten people believe my relationship with Cheryl is nothing to worry about, in the other meaning, people know obviously that me and her are nothing but pr stunt. Which means, people see us so differently."

He is right. Why am I always look stupid and pathethic in front of him, oh God.

"I hope you are understand, Zayn. No matter how hard they control you, you still have rights to do things you want. To do the right's and avoid the wrong's. Because after all, you are a human too." He holds my shoulders to make me face him, "and you need to be the real you without worrying about your reputation. Because once a real fan stay, they would stay forever for you."

Holy shít, daddy.