Chapter 37

"You can say no!" Liam shouts.

"That's for the promotion, remember?"

"Well I don't give a damn about it, Zayn! I don't like it, you don't know how much I hate to watch it." And that's it. I should've known that he'd feel this way about my first music video as a solo singer. I should've realized that it would hurt him this bad. I'm so stupid I can't even believe in myself.

"I didn't mean the kiss, okay?"

"The kiss wasn't even needed. The concept and the art are enough." I can hear him getting frustrated when he says it with a sigh. "You could do better, Zayn. I expected something more than that."

I feel like my heart crashes into pieces, knowing that I did wrong to Liam with the first step of my career. All this time, he was the one who told me that I won't flop, that I will fücking rise this year. But I hurt him instead, with some such stupid actions I did with her.

"I'm actually already fed up that you and her going out a lot," he says. "But I know the realest stuff here about you and her because it's me who owns your heart in fact.. And now I doubt it, Zayn."

It gets me frustrated as well, I have done so many mistakes I cannot take them back. "Liam, you know that was only an acting.. I mean, people done that for their videos, movies, anything! That's a norm-"

"BUT IT'LL BE FOREVER THERE!!!" He screams angrily at me through the phone. It makes me shut myself down. I'm very in a shock. He was never this mad at me, never yelled at me before. This is a new side of him that I just discover now. I swear to God I have never seen him mad nor heard him scream out an anger.

But why? What even are we? We're not together.. I think to myself. We did kiss with people back then, used to show off to public that we have our girls wrapped around our fingers. But we're both used to it, why is it so hard for him now? Like it does hurt so much? Like he never felt like this before?

"I have planned many things, so many things with you." His voice is shaking. "I guess I have to forget all of it."

I don't know what to do with him being like this. I thought that was okay? But no, this is far from fine. I should fix his feelings.

"I'm sorry, Liam.."

"Never mind, forget about it." He chuckles, bitterly. "I can wait for a longer time." This gets my heart beating fast. What does his plan is about? I hope it's not something big that I just broke his hope? I hope it's-

"I bought you a goddamn ring."

My heart just drops from my chest to my stomach. A ring he says. A goddamn ring he says. "I wanted to go farther than we are now. I wanted to be engaged with you, Zayn. Sorry to spoil this anyway."

I'm so speechless that I can't get a single word out of my mouth, "Liam, I-" he cuts me off. "We need to take time to ourselves. Have a rest now." Then he hangs up.

I'm mentally bruised by that. He wanted a what? God, I should've recognized it from the way my mum talked to me about myself growing up so fast. 'If only you know', she said. I should've realized this is what did she mean. Liam was going to propose to me anytime soon! But I stupidly broke it. I broke his heart. And I lost the chance to be his, again.

Good job, Zayn Malik.