Chapter 35

Zayn gasps as he opens the door for me. "You come!" He says half excited half upset, maybe because I haven't told him that I'm coming. I shrug my shoulder and step myself in. "I've been thinking all night and I decided to come and stay for a few days.. only if you don't mind of course." I say, mumbling the last part.

He shakes his head, "'course not. Stay with me as long as you get the chance to." He walks off himself to the kitchen and comes back with two bottles of beer, then sits himself next to me. He tries to open the bottle but fails, I find it adorable though. I offer a help and as I'm opening his bottle, I feel him stares at me.

"You cut your hair." He points.

I give the bottle to him then open mine, I drink for a bit before I look back at him. "Cause I'm going solo." I tease. He rolls his eyes and giggles. He starts to stroke my shaved hair. I remember how he was very into my buzz cut and now he is. But I don't mind, instead I love it when he admires my hair and can't keep his hand off my head.

We spend time with talking and cuddling, with my arms looped around him. I guess for now we don't need to show off ourselves to people. A lazy day with him even means so much to me that I couldn't ask for more. We've been separated enough all this time. Now we have chance to get together.

We still haven't made us official, though. We are.. just going like this. I can't call him mine and he can't call me his either. But he just doesn't know that I actually have planned everything and hopefully when the time is right, I'll be able to get down on my knee and ring him.

I'm glad that he doesn't questioning who are we anymore. It seems like he starts to enjoy and gives this, who we are, a go. He is a very welcoming person.

"I won't stay here for a long time," I stroke his hair as I say. "But I promise you I'll come back again soon." He hums, "you seem so busy though you're on a break." I let out a sigh, he's right. I still have to do so many things back and forth from London to Los Angeles. All I want to do on my break is propose to him and spend my time with him, but guess that it has to be postponed.

I kiss his head, holding him closer to myself, "I'll fix it better." And it's a promise.

"I heard you've been working hard and all lately on your upcoming stuff." He nods, "I have.." his voice is very quiet answering that question, he sounds unsure. "How do you feel, babe?" I'm rubbing circle on his hip bone, try to get him relaxed. "I'm.. nervous." Is that all he lets out.

This reminds me of how insecure he was on the first time he left the band. He got all stressed out and depressed thinking about how he let people down that time. I don't want him to feel that way again. He deserves happiness because he's been holding an urge to leave all this time only to make fans happy, until he forgot how careless he was about his own happiness. I still don't get it why people can't just set him free.

"You should be proud of yourself. You did so good back then. Now it's your time to rise." He lets out a sigh, he looks down at his lap. "I'm scared they will hating on my work instead."

"Shh.." I hold both of his hands on my bigger hands and squeeze them tightly. "Ease all those negative thoughts off your precious mind. They'll be crazy over your upcoming music. Even though I haven't heard a single piece of it but I can feel it already."

I don't know if it's only my eyes trick me or he really does blushing. A small smile plastered on his face. "I wrote this song for you." He says shyly making me raise both of my eyebrows.

"Are you a fan of mine because I have this feeling where your album is gonna be your journal fangirling over me."

He giggles, it's so adorable makes me forget about how many works I've got to do later. My whole world stops and stares for a while and I find myself singing Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars secretly.

"You can say that." He winks. "Then it's going to be phenomenal." I wink back at him.