Chapter 26

So I heard he was in Chicago.

It means we're 2,071.2 miles away, which is quiet far. I would love to get there though it takes 36 hours and 57 minutes drive from here, Beverly Hills. But does he got a time for me?

I'm trying to ease my thoughts of him. Sometimes I need to clear my mind and forget about him for a while. I don't know if he also think about me as often as I do.

But I'm with my family now, on vacation and having fun together. They just arrived here yesterday and I have took them to the beach. We took so many pictures there and I promised them I will frame it and put it on the wall along my living room.

Right now, I'm having dinner at Mastro's Steakhouse with my mum and sisters. We're enjoying our foods so far, until mum reminds me of Liam's birthday,

"Will there be a party tomorrow?"

I'm gulping hard the food, trying so hard to just get it down my throat while my mind playing a scene. "I guess," I answer quietly. I'm continue chewing, avoiding other question about Liam she could throw in any seconds.

"Are you coming then?", and with that I choke on my own food. My sisters just laugh at me like I'm the funniest joke ever, while rubbing my back. Doniya put my glass closer to me, so I can reach it easily. I'm gulping down the water quickly, not missing any drop.

Saafa, who's sitting beside my mom, right in front of me, just keep giggling at me. They know about me and Liam. I've told my family every single thing between me and him and thankfully they gladly accepted us. And so Liam's family.

We are lucky to have a such families. Imagine if they were all homophobic, it would be the scariest thing ever happened to us. I shiver at the thought.

"You and Liam are have been missing each other lately, sweetheart. I asked you to keeping the touch with him.. he's a good guy."

I sigh, playing the food in front of me with a fork. Suddenly thinking about those good old days we spent together. She slaps my hand, dragging me out of my thoughts, "don't play the food." I mumble, "whoopsie daisy."

This time, a sigh coming from my mom's lips. "I remember the time you used to hang out with four of them, you two are the closest." I'm humming, memorizing the momets we had. "It was lovely to see you laughing and messing around with them, I know you always wanted to have a brother, sunshine. They gave you four."

"The first time you told us you want to quit the band, I was worried your relationship with each of them will be ended just like that. Because I can see the happiness whenever you're with them, that's why I love to see my boys together. But I'm glad you didn't break the bond so far."

She strokes the back of my neck, I close my eyes at that. My mom was always right talking about the circumstances. She knows exactly how to make me taken along the words she said. "Especially with Liam, I can see the sparks between you and him, Zayn."

I blink my eyes open, smiling at her cheeky, "it looks like you want me to marry him already."

Waliyha, Saafa, and Don are laughing in unison at my comment. I'm joining them, while mom's blushing as red as tomato,

"Oh hush, focus on your solo career first."