Chapter 58

I listened to Let her go by Passenger while writing this and it fit perfectly with the way Harry feels about his relationship with Skye.

“Well, you only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go. Only know you've been high when you’re feeling low, only hate the road when you're missing home. Only know you love her when you let her go, and you let her go. Staring at the bottom of your glass, hoping one day you'll make a dream last, but dreams come slow and they go so fast. You see her when you close your eyes; maybe one day you'll understand why everything you touch surely dies. But you only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go. Only know you've been high when you're feeling low, only hate the road when you're missing home, only know you love her when you let her go. Staring at the ceiling in the dark, same old empty feeling in your heart ‘cause love comes slow and it goes so fast. Well you see her when you fall asleep, but never to touch and never to keep ‘cause you loved her too much and you dived too deep. Well you only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go. Only know you've been high when you're feeling low, only hate the road when you're missing home, only know you love her when you let her go… And you let her go”

Harry

“Let me go!” She snarled her shoulders shook slightly, she was crying as I placed her on her feet. She turned towards me, her eyes were cold. Those irises I once fell madly in love with, that radiated love and warmth, now turned into icy pools of despise.

She lifted her hand, I could have stopped her if I wanted to, call me crazy but provoking these reactions out of her, just to see a bit of emotion, set that live wire sparking throughout my veins. Her tiny handed connected with my cheek at such a force, I gasped, remaining dead still and examining her features.

“You’re fucking sick, do you know that?” She spat, venom dripping from her harsh tone. Her eyes were no longer filled with the icy colour; they turned a deep magenta and were filled with anger and fury.

“I hate you and I am so fucking glad I don’t remember you.” She was gnawing on her teeth and her tiny fists were clenched. Niall came up behind her giving a quick glance to the now lifeless body and then turned his attention towards us.

Skye moved closer to me at a fast speed, Niall laced his hands around her waist, lifting her from the floor and murmuring something in her ear. She let out a gust of breath, he placed her down and she walked out, with him following behind her. I felt my heart tearing and splitting open, waiting for the door to swing open once again, revealing her running into my arms, but that wasn’t going to happen. I felt my feet move to the chair I had been sitting on, I plopped down and placed my hand in my head. The thoughts that were drifting through my mind earlier, that left me sick and gasping for air, now seemed like the best option. She hated me, she only saw the bad in me and there was absolutely nothing I could do to show her, to prove to her that I had changed just for her. Goddammit, I have never felt this way before, why can’t she just see that and give me the chance I had been bargaining on. Zayn slid his arms underneath mine, guiding me to stand.