Chapter 42

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

"No more gas, in the red, can't even get it started, nothing heard, nothing said, can't even speak about it. On my life, on my head, don't wanna think about it, feels like I'm going insane, yeah

It's a thief in the night to come and grab you, it can creep up inside you and consume you. A disease of the mind, it can control you. It's too close for comfort

Put on your pretty lies, you're in the city of wonder, ain't gonna play nice, watch out you might just go under. Better think twice, your train of thought will be altered, so if you must falter be wise.

Your minds in disturbia, it's like the darkness is light. Disturbia, am I scaring you tonight? Disturbia, ain't used to what you like disturbia, disturbia.

Faded pictures on the wall, it's like they talking to me. Disconnecting on calls, the phone don't even ring. I gotta get out or figure this shit out, It's too close for comfort, oh

It's a thief in the night to come and grab you, it can creep up inside you and consume you. A disease of the mind, it can control you. It's too close for comfort

Put on your pretty lies, you're in the city of wonder, ain't gonna play nice, watch out you might just go under. Better think twice, your train of thought will be altered, so if you must falter be wise.

Your minds in disturbia, it's like the darkness is light. Disturbia, am I scaring you tonight? Disturbia, ain't used to what you like disturbia, disturbia."

Skye

I stood in front of the closest, indecisive as of what to wear, my clothes seeming to lessen as the days drift by. I let out a loud sigh, frustration creeping up my entirety as the time started to tick by. I had been standing in front of the closest for more than a half an hour.

"Harry, have you seen my black top with the angel wings printed on the back?" I questioned, placing my hands on my hips, staring at the seeming small amount of clothes placed before me. His head peeped around the door as he stared at me inquisitively.

"No?" It was more than a question than an answer. I threw my hands up in defeat, slamming them back down on my upper thigh as I let out a disgruntled sigh.

"Why?" He questioned, moving towards the bed, Darcy wide awake in his arms. He sat on the bed, watching me intently as I turned to face him.

"It seems like some of my things have gone missing and I can't find anything to wear." I pouted slightly as I placed my hands on my hips again. He let out a husky chuckle as he looked down towards Avery.

"Aves, I think your mommy has gone crazy. She has more clothes than you princess and you have a lot." He whispered the last part and placed a small, loving kiss to her temple, the sight of them together made my heart beat quicken and my knees go weak, butterflies erupting and flapping at micro speed in my stomach.

"Oh shut up. Avery, mommy does not have a lot of clothes, right? Tell daddy." I cooed as I walked towards them, taking hold of her small hand, finding it amazing that a few months ago, she was protected inside of me. She scrunched her nose; she let out a small sneeze resulting in a fart to erupt from her body. Harry let out another roar of laughter at her sudden outburst.

"Just like your daddy you fart like a champ." He said between chuckles, I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement.

"Excuse me, my little girl does not fart, she toots." I whispered in a matter-of-fact tone as I paced towards the closest again.

"Yeah like you tooted last night?" He questioned, another roar of laughter followed.

"As a matter of fact, yes exactly that. Now go get her dressed so we can go to the boys." I grabbed a floral dress that hung on the hanger, not being my first choice.

"What are you gonna do?" He furrowed his eyebrows as Avery started to stir in his arms.

"I'm gonna go shower." I walked over to the bathroom, switching on the light.

"Can I come too?" I shut the door, hearing him chuckle, I wasn't in the mood for anything intimate, my body still aching in parts that I didn't even know it could ache so much.

"I guess not." He whispered as I heard him walk out of them room. Lately I've felt very uneasy, like someone was watching me, watching my every movement. Whenever Harry wasn't home I would hear strange noises in the house, playing them off as my imagination but lately it has happened to frequently to be played off. I knew a part of me was still freaked because of what happened to Luka. I didn't want to believe that it was her who did those things, I didn't want to believe that she had sent those things to me or even because my accident, but she did, she betrayed my trust. I let the hot water rush over my skin as if it was washing away the pain of trusting someone that just wanted to harm my family, away.

***

I heard cries emit from the baby monitor that was placed next to our bed on the nightstand, I groaned as I rolled over, nudging Harry to wake up. We had spent the night with the boys, letting them play with Avery, catching up on what I've missed; time seemed to fly past us, only leaving at 12am. Avery was fast asleep by then as both of us hoped that she might just sleep through the night. I nudged his arm again, waiting for him to wake up and go sooth our crying daughter. He groaned as he turned, clearly not in the mood to get out of the bed.

"Harry it's your turn." I whined as I kicked his leg slightly.

"Bull, it was my turn last night, it is your turn so get that ass up and give her, her bottle." He murmured sleepily, tugging the covers over his head. I huffed as I kicked the covers off of my body, the cold air hitting my exposed legs.

"Ass..." I muttered as I walked towards the door, placing my hands in front of me, afraid that I might bump into something.

"Yeah, you love this ass." He whispered back, I bit my lip to control the laughter that was growing in the pit of my stomach.

I left the light off as I walked into Avery's room, the night light emitting enough to allow me to see her.

"Aww monkey, what's the matter?" I shushed as I lifted her tiny body from the crib, swaying my hips, hoping that the movement would calm her down, that movement being the only one that was always affective. She cooed as I swayed her back and forth.

'Now if I put you back in the crib, will you start crying again, huh?" I questioned, knowing that the answer would be yes if she could speak.

Her attention rested on the window behind me, totally infatuated with whatever was placed behind me.

"What are you looking at?" I turned towards the window.

A dark figure stood by the window, hands placed against it as the person stared at us intently. My heart hammered against my chest as I tightened my hold on the infant in my arms. I let out a blood curdling scream as Avery started to sob loudly in my arms. I heard footsteps thud down the stairs as Harry burst into the room in a matter of seconds.

"What happened?" he questioned out of breath, worry creased all over his features. I pointed towards the window, my voice decided to abort my body, feeling limp and numb.

"What, Skye? For God's sakes, speak." Annoyance burned in his voice.

"There was someone outside of the window." I choked out, he ran towards the window, staring at the outside. A sudden movement angered him, the anger burn underneath his lightly tanned skin.

"Don't move, you will not move, understood?" He placed his hands on top of my shoulder shaking me slightly as I nodded. He ran out of the door, locking me inside of the room.

"We're okay, daddy will protect us." I whispered as I held her tightly to my chest, burying her face in the crook of my neck.