Chapter 29

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

"Ten miles from town and I just broke down, spitting out smoke on the side of the road. I'm out here alone, trying to get home, to tell you I was wrong, but you already know. Believe me I won't stop at nothing, to see you so I started running. All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you. And I think that all that still matters is love ever after, after the life we've been through, because I know there's no life after you. You and I, right or wrong, there's no other one, after this time I spent alone. It's hard to believe that a man with sight could be so blind, thinking about the better times, must have been out of my mind. Without you God knows what I'd do..."

Skye

*4 months later*

I sat on the couch, my knees pulled up underneath me as I stared at the photo of Harry that stood above the TV, the new apartment smell engulfing my senses. He was so beautiful, the dimples that propped in his cheeks, made me weak more than once. It had been 4 months, 4 months since the last time I saw him walk through my door, 4 months since he died in my arms and 4 months since his funeral. Ever since that day I was broken, shattered, something no one could fix. Micah and Keane were affected by how I had changed since that day so I decided to move out and make it easier for everyone. The boys would come by as often as they could but the bond I shared with Niall was strong, he was like a third brother I guess, making me feel like there was still a reason to carry on. Ever since that day it seemed like I saw Harry's face everywhere only making the hurt worse, I couldn't get away, I couldn't breathe, and it felt like I was always being followed, like someone was always a step behind me. A part of me felt like he was still here watching over me.

I stood up from where I had been sitting for the past four hours, making my way over to the kitchen, I wasn't hungry but I needed to eat, I needed to keep the baby that was growing inside of me alive, it was the only part of him I still had left. Three weeks after his death, I had been feeling sick, thinking that it was just because of his death I let it pass. I went to a doctor and found out I was pregnant. At first I didn't want this thing that was growing inside of me, but John convinced me that Harry would want me to keep it, that he always wanted kids.

I rubbed my stomach subconsciously as I opened the fridge door, nothing, absolutely nothing. I sighed as I walked to the door grabbing my purple purse and shoes.

"Guess I'll have to go out now, monkey." I spoke to the baby as I opened the door.

***

I walked down the aisles of the supermarket, grabbing my vitamins and food that would not be nice to eat but would be good for my baby.

I felt someone's eyes linger on me as I kept walking, turning around a couple of times to receive a few weird and questioning stares. I paid for everything, amazed that I still had money left from the apartment I had spent my inheritance on.

I walked out of the store, taking in the dark, cold and eerie night, portraying how I felt inside. It felt like my entirety was filled with a black hole, slowly but surely sucking every sense of happiness I had, leaving me broken and shattered.

Footsteps interrupted my train of thought, making me quickly turn around. I always had the fear of someone coming after me. I quickened my pace, the footsteps quickening with mine. My heart was thudding against my chest as I held on tighter to the handbag that hung on my shoulder. I decided to swallow my fear and turned around again. Nothing! My mind was playing tricks one, my sanity slipping away every second, every sense of the girl that once existed, disappearing slowly. I took in a deep and shaky breath, as I turned and walked off again. The footsteps hit against the gravel, loud sounds emitting from behind me on my route home. I was tired of this; I was tired of always being scared and alone, anger and sadness washed through me as I stood still, taking in a deep breath.

"Just leave me the fuck alone." I shouted into the darkness, knowing that there was no one to hear me, no one to reply.

"I didn't think you'd want me to." I heard a husky voice behind me reply, my heart thudded against my chest as I turned around quickly, and ready to face whoever it was.

"What?" I gasped.

My heart was hammering through my entirety; my mouth fell agape as I dropped the bag of groceries to the ground. My eyes brimmed with tears that I was not even fighting to spill from my eyes. I couldn't believe the sight in front of me. I felt like I was gasping for air, that I would at any moment be sick.