Chapter 28

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

Shadows fill an empty heart, as love is fading. For all the things that we are, and are not saying, can we see beyond the scars and make it to the dawn? Change the colours of the sky and open up to the ways you made me feel alive, the ways I loved you. For all the things that never die, to make it through the night, love will find you. What about now? What about today? What if you're making me all that I was meant to be? What if our love never went away? What if it's lost behind words we could never find? Baby before it's too late. What about now? Sun is breaking in your eyes to start a new day. This broken heart can still survive, with the touch of your grace. Shadows fade into the light; I am by your side where love will find you.

Skye

I glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 50 minutes, and an hour and a half. I sat waiting on the windowsill, staring intently at the dark road in front of my house. I felt uneasy, like I was being warned that something terribly was wrong.

"Are you still waiting?" Keane questioned, holding out a cup of hot chocolate for me to take. I shook my head, feeling the nausea drifting up my stomach, a lump forming in my throat. Something wasn't right and I knew it deep down in my gut.

"Maybe he just fell asleep." He tried to reassure me, yet I knew better. He wouldn't do this; he wouldn't just stay away after he had made a promise to me. That wasn't Harry.

"Something isn't right. I can feel it." I whispered as I returned my attention back to the road. Keane chuckled behind me.

"You shouldn't laugh. She had that feeling the day dad died, mom died and when I went to jail. She can feel when something isn't right. Skye?" He called my name, he looked at me, portraying the anxious feelings that I was feeling inside.

"I think we should go to John just to be safe." I nodded at his request, I wanted this feeling to go, and even if he did forget, that would be better than thinking something had happened to him.

***

I sat in the car staring at the road that was flying by us, hoping desperately that I would see his black Range Rover pass us. The sudden violent vibration in my pocket startled me, as hope washed over my entirety.

"Who is it?" Both of my inquisitive brothers questioned as they tried to lean over my shoulder to read.

"It's an unknown number." Confusion pulsated through my body as I opened the text.

Don't search further darling. He is with us. If you have any brains in that pretty little head of yours you will come alone. I'll call you with the details. Да здравствует русская мафия

Solntsevskaya Bratva

My eyes widened, the text leaving me gasping for my breath. My hands were shaking, my body suddenly feeling extremely limp and cold.

"What does it say?" Micah questioned as his eyes drifted towards me, my mouth fell agape yet no words were falling from my open mouth. Keane grabbed the phone from my hold as he read the text.

"What does that even mean?" Keane questioned, I sat still, unable to move. Micah stepped on the petrol, accelerating the car.

"It means long live the Russian mob. It means they're back and they want Skye." His voice was filled with panic and frustration as we sped towards the pub.

***

"We can't send her alone." Keane's voice was filled with panic as John suggested on sending me in and them waiting in the dark outside if anything were to go south. I was angry; this was Harry we were talking about.