Chapter 50

"If only you could see the tears in the world you left behind. If only you could heal my heart, just one more time. Even when I close my eyes, there's an image of your face and once again I've come to realize you're a loss I can't replace. Soledad, it's a keeping for the lonely, since the day that you were gone, why did you leave me? Soledad, in my heart you were the only and your memory lives on. Why did you leave me? Soledad. Walking down the streets of Nothingville, where our love was young and free, can't believe just what an empty place it has come to be. I would give my life away if it could only be the same, 'cause I conceal the voice inside of me that is calling out your name. Soledad, it's a keeping for the lonely, since the day that you were gone, why did you leave me? Soledad, in my heart you were the only and your memory lives on. Why did you leave me? Soledad."

So much had changed in the months that passed, my world was brightened by a bundle of joy and then when everything seemed to be so perfect, the rug was ripped out from underneath my feet. My world crumbled and broke into millions of unfixable pieces and I was caught in a spiral of despair. After Skye passed away, we got more involved with the business part of Uncle John's lifestyle. My life seemed to be on the right track. We were nearing Avery's first birthday, but what I didn't know was that, yet again, nothing was as it seemed and my life would soon spiral out of control yet again.

Harry

Eleven months, two weeks, seven hours and thirty-seven minutes, since the last time I saw her face, since the last time I held her body against mine. After all of this time you would have thought that the hurt lessened, became easier to bear, but it still feels the same as the day I lost her. I lay in my empty bed, staring at the ceiling, still hoping that this was some awful nightmare that I was soon supposed to wake up from, but it wasn't, this was reality and right now reality was a fucking bitch. I sighed, if it was just me, if it just depended on me, I would lie in my bed all day, but I had a daughter to take care of, I had a job I had to do.

I reluctantly got out of the bed that I considered to be my new lover, as sad as that sounds I couldn't imagine myself being with anyone else, Skye was and still is my one and only. I walked down the stairs towards Avery's bedroom. Her door was creaked open; the light was shining brightly through the open blinds, her crib empty. Just as panic was starting to rush through my entirety, I heard her sweet giggle wash through the otherwise silent house. I walked towards that angelic sound, finding her in the kitchen, Louis sitting in front of her.

"Come on, Avery, it's not that bad, I promise." He was begging, trying to persuade her yet again to eat the broccoli he had blended together with sweet potato. That was his new mission in life, to get her to like the taste of broccoli, so far failing miserably. He took the spoon to his mouth, taking a bite of the green and beige coloured mixed vegetables. I leaned against the door frame, curious as to how this would play out. His nose scrunched up, his mouth contouring in strange positions as he spat out the blended vegetables.

"Jesus, that's fucking horrible." He muttered under his breath, knowing that if he cussed in front of her, she would catch on quickly.

"Come on, baby girl; just try it for Uncle Lou." He begged yet again as he moved the spoon closer to her mouth. She pursed her lips tightly shut. It still amazed me to this day how she could be so stubborn at such a young age, her state of mind, and her personality reminding me so much of how her mother used to be.

"Avery." He whined when she yet again moved her head to the side. Her tiny hand grabbed a hold of the plastic spoon, the vegetable mixture stuck in her fingers and the palm of her small hand. She took her hand to Louis' face, smearing it with the horrible concoction he had given her. The look on his face clearing amusing her as a fit of giggles filled the room, he sighed. I started laughing as he tried to remove the food from his face, clearly upset that he could not get her to like it.